★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: FlukeDude Ltd
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.5 MB
  • Version: 1.6.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Featured as App of the Week!

#2 in the US!
#2 in Canada!

The best selling Xbox Live Indie Game comes to iPhone and iPod Touch - it's quite possibly the world's hardest game!

With just one control, tapping the screen to jump, guide your orange square over spikes and jump onto blocks to get to the end of the level. Any mistake will result in instant death and a respawn at the beginning of the level. With an awesome soundtrack synced to the game youll quickly become addicted!

Also included is a Practice Mode, allowing you to lay checkpoints along the way. Try and unlock medals throughout the game, including beating the game with no flags. Check out the Stats page, where you can show off to your friends how far you got on Twitter and Facebook!

Praise for The Impossible Game on iPhone:

"The most original platform gaming I've ever experienced... A ton of fun"
- Touch Arcade

"Insanely addictive"
- Destructoid

"Lovely, clean graphics and addictive music"
- Gizmodo

"Words can't describe how 'right' this feels."
- DIYgamer

"An incredible ride. High-tempo, life-or-death, and completely seamless. 4/5"
- 148 Apps

"A great boredom buster. 9/10"
- NXT Gamer

"A minimalistic yet very stylish design that draws you in and keeps you coming back for more"
- App Advice

More Info: http://flukedude.com/theimpossiblegame

ataloss's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Cool and nice trailer music.

04-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Really great game with a brutal difficulty level. It is very cool to get better each try. My best no flag run is 34%.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 04-20-2010 at 12:11 AM.
04-20-2010, 06:01 AM
This has got to be one of the hardest most addictive games I've played hope I don't end up throwing my iPod across the room lol
04-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Man, this game looks really great! It looks really similar to FastBall which i loved until it stopped working. I will def be getting this when i get home from work.
04-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to thegamerocks06
Holy Shit! This looks awesome! Why isn't there more noise about this game?
04-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerocks06 View Post
Holy Shit! This looks awesome! Why isn't there more noise about this game?
Very good question. I think I'm on the verge of losing 'it' trying to get to the end of this damn course. Excellent game though, great 'pick-up-and-play' value.
04-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Going to play this...

NOW.

Invaders Must Die.
04-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Yea I bought this game as soon as I got home the day of release. I have been playing it ever since, and it is pretty amazing. I love that is one of the hardest games I have played on the iDevice. It takes such precision, and very quick reactions. It is similar to Fast Ball, but I like this one a bit more.
04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
No idea why this game isn't getting more attention... I also bought it on release day and since I've been having a lot of frustrating fun!

Official iPhone game trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

If the mods have a problem with me posting gameplay videos like the one above please PM me.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!