★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

View Poll Results: Is Canabalt worth $2.99?
Yes 213 35.09%
No 293 48.27%
Not my type of game 101 16.64%
Voters: 607. You may not vote on this poll
04-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg213 View Post
Knowing that I've been "e-fighting" a guy who is battling cancer is upsetting to me and puts things into perspective. I'm done sparring with an increasing array of assholes and close minded zealots. I'm sure you all may feel the same way towards me, but you are just as guilty for partaking in it and continuously giving life to this thread. Anyways, I couldn't imagine arguing like, being in your situation.

I'll catch you all in other, hopefully more civil and open-minded forum discussions.

P.S. Midian, If you are watching via Netflix, add Dexter to the queue, great show!

Again, best wishes

THREAD CLOSED
haha +1 FINALLY THREAD CLOSED

im back guys!
04-07-2011, 03:56 PM
deleted.

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.

04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Knowing that I've been "e-fighting" a guy who is battling cancer is upsetting to me and puts things into perspective. I'm done sparring with an increasing array of assholes and close minded zealots. I'm sure you all may feel the same way towards me, but you are just as guilty for partaking in it and continuously giving life to this thread. Anyways, I couldn't imagine arguing like, being in your situation.

I'll catch you all in other, hopefully more civil and open-minded forum discussions.

P.S. Midian, If you are watching via Netflix, add Dexter to the queue, great show!

Again, best wishes

THREAD CLOSED
Who has cancer?!

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
04-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Its finally over!!! Yes !!! Natedogg has finally admitted he is a FAIL !!

THREAD CLOSED.......hopefully hhahahaha!!!
04-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneprogrammer View Post
Who has cancer?!
Midian

Atleast this thread is over but I'm still sad about Midian. Best wishes dude.
04-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind getting the thread back on track... not the natedogg argument but there's always someone out there ready to complain about prices. This thread is for the purpose of directing them all someplace contained and I haven't got around to feeling sorry for myself yet

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 04-08-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Grammar. The shame of it all.
04-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Actually I wouldn't mind getting the thread back on track... not the natedogg argument but there's always someone out there ready to complain about prices. This thread is for the purpose of directing them all someplace contained and I haven't got around to feeling sorry for myself yet
After two days of not checking I can't believe this is still a first page thread...

Gamecenter: DEATHLRD
04-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
2.99???????in less than 2 weeks?are they f*ckin kidding me?
It's called "the market", and if you don't like it, wait for things to go on sale before you buy them.
04-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
After two days of not checking I can't believe this is still a first page thread...

Wow, you're such a jrk. And stop treating my buddy Midian in such an impious manner.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by towelll View Post
It's called "the market", and if you don't like it, wait for things to go on sale before you buy them.
Point noted, but I can certainly see both sides of the argument here.

I challenge any warm blooded gamer not to feel frustrated when a game goes on sale within a week or two of it's App Store debut. Yes, it is the current App Store climate, buy it's worryingly anti rewarading for all the day one buyers - how many times will developers financially punish genuine gamers like myself who desperately want to support indie developers by buying their games within hours of launch.

I think Cave is the very best example of customer loyalty. With each of their three iOS offerings launching at heavily discounted prices for the initial fortnight, and the odd scattered sale thereafter. Kudos to Cave.

I love Death Rally, I admire Remedy and Mountain Sheep massively, but I can't hide the fact that I'm mildly disappointed at such early discounts. Indeed it may only be the matter of 1.20 ($2.00 usd), but it's not about the money. It's about two things that are far more valuable - Principle and loyalty.

I've made my point, now I shall only look forward. The fact that Death Rally is such a great game, and that the devs are supporting their game with two early doors updates, certainly softens the blow.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja