★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

View Poll Results: Is Canabalt worth $2.99?
Yes 212 34.98%
No 293 48.35%
Not my type of game 101 16.67%
Voters: 606. You may not vote on this poll
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
#11
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: In a van...down by the river!
Posts: 480
No way. Check the other games at the same price point for comparison. I don't mind supporting indie devs but they have to be reasonable.
11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
#12
It's worth $1.99 or less. But at $3, I would have to say no. The week I got it, I played multiple times but after a while it gets boring.

Playing! MC2: Black Pegasus, Super Mega Worm, Parachute Panic, Fruit Ninja, Sonic 4, Reckless Racing, Samurai II: Vengence
@parkerewan

11-03-2009, 04:21 PM
#13
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Herefordshire, U.K.
Posts: 458
Is it fu**. I won't be touching it until it's a dollar.

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker
11-03-2009, 04:28 PM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bok Choy View Post
It's worth $1.99 or less. But at $3, I would have to say no.
That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Don't get me wrong, the effort that went into Canabalt is clearly evident, but for the same price you could get Soosis and have a lot more to do. Or something like Doodle Jump, which has the same kind of quick, simple, game play, but for 1/3 the price.

I've already spent about $60 in the app store, and I'm trying to cut down. I'll continue to try Canabalt online, but in the meantime I'm just going to get Doodle Jump.

Thank you for the replies everyone (except drelbs).
11-03-2009, 04:32 PM
#15
The dev had a bunch of his friends/supporters go in the original Canabalt thread to talk up the game. I've never seen so many devs under new screen names in a thread trying to promote a game. Anyone who got the game for free like website representatives will likely support the game as well, because they arent the ones who overpaid $3 for it.
11-03-2009, 04:32 PM
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
No way. Check the other games at the same price point for comparison. I don't mind supporting indie devs but they have to be reasonable.
3 dollars is unreasonable?
11-03-2009, 04:37 PM
#17
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
The dev had a bunch of his friends/supporters go in the original Canabalt thread to talk up the game. I've never seen so many devs under new screen names in a thread trying to promote a game. Anyone who got the game for free like website representatives will likely support the game as well, because they arent the ones who overpaid $3 for it.
First of all, here is my receipt for paying for Canabalt-



Secondly, please stop with all the shill stuff. I checked out all your accusations in the previous thread and none of them turned up anything. Why is it so unbelievable to you that people enjoy the game?

Last edited by Eli; 11-03-2009 at 04:46 PM.
11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
#18
oh christ hodapp Im just pointing out what I noticed in the thread. Its obvious the only thing you care about is supporting devs even if they are shady.
11-03-2009, 04:40 PM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf224 View Post
3 dollars is unreasonable?
You can get Hero of Sparta or Samurai: Way of the Warrior for 2 dollars.

I don't think 3 dollars is unreasonable at all for a game like this, but the developers have to consider the competition. For the same price, a customer can get more from another game.
11-03-2009, 04:40 PM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
oh christ hodapp Im just pointing out what I noticed in the thread. Its obvious the only thing you care about is supporting devs even if they are shady.
I think its a good game, and i paid for it