Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

View Poll Results: Is Canabalt worth $2.99?
Yes 212 35.04%
No 293 48.43%
Not my type of game 100 16.53%
Voters: 605. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
You can get Hero of Sparta or Samurai: Way of the Warrior for 2 dollars.

I don't think 3 dollars is unreasonable at all for a game like this, but the developers have to consider the competition. For the same price, a customer can get more from another game.
I absolutely understand where you're coming from in that you can get great experiences for less money, but those developers are just being way too reasonable. I get why some people pissed about paying this much, but when you think about it, it's still only 3 dollars and there is just something awesome about bringing your favorite time-waster on the go
Old 11-03-2009, 04:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
The dev had a bunch of his friends/supporters go in the original Canabalt thread to talk up the game. I've never seen so many devs under new screen names in a thread trying to promote a game. Anyone who got the game for free like website representatives will likely support the game as well, because they arent the ones who overpaid $3 for it.
I've never met Adam Saltsman, but I personally created 12 fake TA accounts, 23 fake iTunes accounts, and went on a door to door shilling campaign for CANABALT.

But honestly its only worth like 87.7527661 Russian rubles.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Developer

This is some Bernie Madoff type of stuff going on here, it is obviously the work of a shady cabal of hooded shills whose life work is to trick freedog out of $2.99.

BEWARE PEOPLE, BEWARE THE SATTELITES OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL!
(that is how they watch you)
Old 11-03-2009, 04:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
I don't think 3 dollars is unreasonable at all for a game like this, but the developers have to consider the competition. For the same price, a customer can get more from another game.
I think that considering competition is really not mandatory in a strange market like the app store. Gameloft often puts some of their premium games at 99c, ngmoco gives away really nice stuff for free. Other devs are free to try other strategies. In the end, despite the price tag, canabalt sold well for a certain amount of time so the experiment was probably a success.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
iPhone 4

i dont personally own the game, but yea ive played the flash version and when i saw the price tag i was like wow..this game is worth a dollar in my book. wont be buying it till if/when they drop the price. yay for cheapness ^^
Old 11-03-2009, 04:55 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

This is like Cliffe as it hasvrally raw baic gameplay. But Cliffed has online multiplayer so justifies its price tag.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmonkey View Post
This is some Bernie Madoff type of stuff going on here, it is obviously the work of a shady cabal of hooded shills whose life work is to trick freedog out of $2.99.

BEWARE PEOPLE, BEWARE THE SATTELITES OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL!
(that is how they watch you)
I swear that isn't me posting under another account!

I forgot to mention that Canabalt is a certified App Classic, #304! So its not just me who thinks its great and worth the money!

http://appclassics.com/canabalt
Old 11-03-2009, 04:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Personally, the game didn't appeal to me whether it's free or $3. Value is in the eye of the beholder so if you want to pay 87 rubles for it, be my guest. My point is don't the blame devs for how they price the game...it's their prerogative. And if you like it, great. If you don't, then chalk it up to experience and do without a coke and candy bar for one day.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:58 PM

Im just one person who doesnt believe the game was worth it, amongst many others. There are several one star reviews in the store from people who feel the same way. Why is it so hard for you to accept other people's opinions?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:00 PM

seems like anyone expresses their opinion about this game here come Saltman supporters Eli Hodapp(expected) and Ian Marsh's 2 screenies.