Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-20-2010, 06:24 AM
NemoidStudio's Avatar
NemoidStudio NemoidStudio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 127
Default Tunes Attack ! The new generation of rhythm game (v1.5 Out)




Tunes Attack ! is the new generation of rhythm game
BEAT ALL YOUR TUNES !


Youtube link | Pop Up


Youtube link | Pop Up


Youtube link | Pop Up







Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/app/tunes-attack-lite/id364578107?mt=8

We, at Nemoid Studio, made a lot of effort to bring you this innovative game. We hope you'll like it. Please post your comments!

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-04-2010 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: full version link
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
EMTKiNG EMTKiNG is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles,CA
Posts: 1,626
Default

hmmm imma have to try this out looks interesting
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
krisko6 krisko6 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 277
Default

Just got done giving it a go. Let's just say that if you were looking to use your own music with this game, don't, as it's only avaiable in the full version, which isn't even out yet. Right off the bat, this was disappointing.

That being said, I still had gameplay to try, so I did, using a provided song from quite possibly the worst auto-tune singer I have ever heard. There are three different games to play: First is "Scooter", where you must dodge various objects to the music,a little bit like Audiosurf. This game was the best of the three. Concert is a Tap Tap clone, generated from the music. The game was far too exacting on hitting the beats,which barely fit the song, making for a frustrating experience. Finally, Space has you shooting various objects at the speed of the music.

I will say that the graphics are pretty polished for this type of game but otherwise, don't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2010, 11:28 AM
NemoidStudio's Avatar
NemoidStudio NemoidStudio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
Just got done giving it a go. Let's just say that if you were looking to use your own music with this game, don't, as it's only avaiable in the full version, which isn't even out yet. Right off the bat, this was disappointing.

The full version DOES exist and you can unlock it directly in the lite version using In-App Purchase.
Wasn't it clear enough ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
That being said, I still had gameplay to try, so I did, using a provided song from quite possibly the worst auto-tune singer I have ever heard.
That's why you can play with your own songs in the full game


Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
The game was far too exacting on hitting the beats,which barely fit the song, making for a frustrating experience.
What do you mean? Was it too difficult?


Thanks for your feedback, we are constantly working on the product to improve your game experience.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
krisko6 krisko6 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 277
Default

No, it wasn't clear that you could unlock the full version, as I assumed the BUY link would take you to the full game on the app store like most lites.

The problem with forcing the user to buy the game in order to try his own music, is that a curious player hoping to see how this works can't since he is given no opportunity to do so. I think the full version would sell more if the customer got a better impression of what to expect using their own music. Perhaps this version could be retooled so that the user gets to try only ONE song from their own collection, to get a good impression of the major selling point of the app.

Finally, the concert section, felt, for lack of a better term, "touchy" when trying to hit the notes correctly
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-23-2010, 11:27 AM
NemoidStudio's Avatar
NemoidStudio NemoidStudio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
No, it wasn't clear that you could unlock the full version, as I assumed the BUY link would take you to the full game on the app store like most lites.
We've seen the In-App purchase as plus: no need to download the game twice, easy unlock, etc.
But maybe people are not yet used to this, so we are also going to make a standalone fullversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
The problem with forcing the user to buy the game in order to try his own music, is that a curious player hoping to see how this works can't since he is given no opportunity to do so. I think the full version would sell more if the customer got a better impression of what to expect using their own music. Perhaps this version could be retooled so that the user gets to try only ONE song from their own collection, to get a good impression of the major selling point of the app.
We tought a lot about this one. And the conclusion is we won't change it. With the 4 included tracks you can already test if you like the game or not. And if you do, please buy it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
Finally, the concert section, felt, for lack of a better term, "touchy" when trying to hit the notes correctly
We made some tweaks to the gameplay and will release a patch soon. We hope the game experience will be better.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
djflippy djflippy is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,444
Default

How is the beat matching handled if there is no pre-processing? Are the taps not synced with the song? Not trying to be snarky; it's an honest question.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2010, 11:50 AM
NemoidStudio's Avatar
NemoidStudio NemoidStudio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
How is the beat matching handled if there is no pre-processing? Are the taps not synced with the song? Not trying to be snarky; it's an honest question.
It is done in real-time by analysing the music. A few seconds in advance to be synced.

It's a bit technical and confidential for further explanations but it is the same processing that is done on the included tracks. You can also go on our website and watch videos on some popular songs to see what it looks like: http://www.tunesattack.com/videos
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
JazzFlight JazzFlight is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 284
Default

Uh, so far no post has explained how much this game costs. How much is the full version?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM
NemoidStudio's Avatar
NemoidStudio NemoidStudio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFlight View Post
Uh, so far no post has explained how much this game costs. How much is the full version?
$2.99
You can see it in the In-App purchase list on iTunes.
Still it doesn't seem to be clear enough
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent