Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-22-2010, 12:58 AM
iPhone 5, OS 4.x

Watermelon hands down its always butchered in videogames!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:02 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I think there should be a combo mode. The number of fruit cut in one slicing motion multiplies your score.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:05 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfbrickPhil View Post
In a very evil way I'm actually glad you guys are bringing up these issues - if only because we're addressing many of them with the first update and I'm looking forward to you guys enjoying the game more! As I speak there are guys behind me slashing away and testing new content, so I'll keep you in the loop right here about when it's available. Hint - it's very soon.

In the meantime, I have a question - which is your favorite fruit to slash? I'm actually hearing lots of reports on the banana, which oddly enough is the least dramatic. Thoughts?

Soon like... tomorrow?

This is honestly the first game on my iTouch that i'm eagerly awaiting an update for. The rest all are either 'good enough' or it seems the new update won't revamp the overall gameplay.

With this game, it's different - a small update could make the game so much more fun / challenging. Seeing the high scores rocket after adding multipliers / multi-slice will make it all the more amazing.

Submit it fast, please please please
Old 04-22-2010, 01:26 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfbrickPhil View Post
In a very evil way I'm actually glad you guys are bringing up these issues - if only because we're addressing many of them with the first update and I'm looking forward to you guys enjoying the game more! As I speak there are guys behind me slashing away and testing new content, so I'll keep you in the loop right here about when it's available. Hint - it's very soon.

In the meantime, I have a question - which is your favorite fruit to slash? I'm actually hearing lots of reports on the banana, which oddly enough is the least dramatic. Thoughts?
I like killing strawberries.. All the fruit slashing encourages me to eat more of it =P

Also, if you make any serious gameplay changes, could you please make
it a different mode, and keep the current one under classic?

Last edited by The Bat Outta Hell; 04-22-2010 at 01:35 AM..
Old 04-22-2010, 03:34 AM
iPhone 4

Combos would be nice, it'd be cool if there were other looks for the fruit after they've been slashed, like everyone else is saying different game modes.

But it is a good game Maybe more fruit would be good too.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:54 AM

So I caved and bought it...pretty good I'd LOVE to see multi-fruit slashed combos.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
So I caved and bought it...pretty good I'd LOVE to see multi-fruit slashed combos.
+1

that could lead to some insane scores.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:10 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I spoke to my girlfriend earlier and she told me she loves the banana slicing and dicing as well.

I personally like the apple and melon, something about the crunching!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:15 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

I really like this game, but I think it could use difficulty levels. The bombs are a key aspect of the gameplay, but it can be really frustrating to have slashed 275 fruit without a miss and then hit 1 bomb and it's over. It would be cool if there was an easy setting where if you hit a bomb it only counts as 1 missed fruit. You could also do a hard mode where you can only miss 1 fruit.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
I really like this game, but I think it could use difficulty levels. The bombs are a key aspect of the gameplay, but it can be really frustrating to have slashed 275 fruit without a miss and then hit 1 bomb and it's over. It would be cool if there was an easy setting where if you hit a bomb it only counts as 1 missed fruit. You could also do a hard mode where you can only miss 1 fruit.

Agreed, sometimes I like playing games halfheartedly and this game demands nothing but 100% concentration and can be punishingly difficulty if you're not in the zone. I'd say the biggest thing it needs is a way to sort the bombs out.

Possibly a power up or a way of using your accelerometer to move the bombs in one direction while keeping the fruit as they were etc...

No idea, but it could stop it being so frustrating.