Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevious Zoquis View Post
Note to HB...I'm pretty sure the starfruit calculator between rounds is borked. I've suspected it for a while but hadn't really paid enough attention to be sure but just now I was playing and I finished a round and had over 19,000 starfruit. Then after the next round in which I got another 80 or so starfruits the calculator said I had 19,003. Then the round after that I got another 80 or so and it told me I had 18,900 and something. Its not adding the totals up properly...I think it might correct itself occasionally though as it sometimes seems to jump back up to a more correct number.

Also, I see the ad between rounds is back. I believe its for Fn: Puss in Boots no? If so can I get it to stop somehow? I already own Puss in boots and don't need to see ads for it...

Finally, isn't there some way to clean up the Gamecenter leaderboards?? My highscore in arcade is 1506 now and that puts me somewhere around 200,000 on the board...behind all the thousands and thousands of people with scores above a billion. Even just a way for me to skip to a specific score so I could see where I am in comparison to scores that are somewhat believable...
Thanks for the extra information! I'll do my best to answer each of your questions below.

1) I've not heard of the Starfruit problem but we'll definitely check it out. In the meantime, try closing the app and then cycle the power on your device. That might do the trick.

2) The ad for Puss In Boots is only shown once per day. Same goes for any other Halfbrick-related promotions.

3) Unfortunately, we are unable to alter the Game Center leaderboards as Apple does not allow us to make changes. We are definitely investigating alternative solutions but for now I am unable to provide any extra details.

Hope that helps!

Peanuts
Old 01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume View Post
I liked this a lot, but after the update it's slow as hell :/
It also crashes a lot now.
A fix would be nice.
We're working on that now and hope to have a fix available soon. Stay tuned for details.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
Thanks for the extra information! I'll do my best to answer each of your questions below.

1) I've not heard of the Starfruit problem but we'll definitely check it out. In the meantime, try closing the app and then cycle the power on your device. That might do the trick.

2) The ad for Puss In Boots is only shown once per day. Same goes for any other Halfbrick-related promotions.

3) Unfortunately, we are unable to alter the Game Center leaderboards as Apple does not allow us to make changes. We are definitely investigating alternative solutions but for now I am unable to provide any extra details.

Hope that helps!

Peanuts
thx for the reply...

I saw the ad at least 4 times yesterday... Saw it twice within about 5 rounds last evening actually.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hi Peanuts,
I've got a few gripes and questions about the game:
1. Why is the game getting slower and slower for the iPad 1? This game is nearly unplayable on this idevice, can you not bring it back to more playable standard?

2. You've probably heard this one before but, Ads....really?!?

3. The Arcade scores on Gamecenter: How is it REALLY possible for anyone to achieve a score of higher than 2000? Yet on the leaderboard you have players who score in the millions and billions -.-

4. If you have a Frenzy or Freeze and you hit a bomb sometimes the "Frenzy" or "Freeze" icon will stay there. Needs fixing as you may already know.

Thank you for your time.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 AM
iPhone 5

Just a little follow-up on the starfruit counter issue...rebooting the phone doesn't resolve it. Just now played four rounds where the counter kept ressetting to about 34,950 and counting up to 35,030 or so after each round.

Also, I'm still seeing those ads at least three or four times a day. I mean its not the end of the world or anything, but if its only supposed to be once a day its definitely not working right.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hi all,

We have seen a few more reports of frequent ads in the paid version of Fruit Ninja and wanted to put the call out for more information so we can get to the bottom of this. Just to confirm, you should only ever see an ad for one of the other Halfbrick titles, and it should never be seen more than once in a 24 hour period per device. At the moment that ad would be for Monster Dash, so if you are seeing this more than once in a 24 hour period we would love to hear from you. We're also offering 150,000 Starfruit to the first person who can send us a video which shows the ad appearing more frequently.

We have, of course, tested for this behaviour ourselves and also had our ad-serving partner check on their end, but unfortunately we canít find anything to indicate that these ads are showing more than expected.

The easiest way to get us some footage would be to simply record with another phone or any other video recording device you may have, then PM me and we can work out how to transfer the file via YouSendit or a similar product.

Thanks for your help!

Peanuts
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM
iPhone 5

Hmmm, well generally speaking I'd say I see the ad at least 3 times daily. But it usually is spaced out over a fair bit of time. I might play a few rounds in the morning and see it once, then see it in the afternoon and then again in the evening, so I'm not sure how I'd go about getting any sort of video. I don't need the starfruit though anyway, lol.

I am still seeing the funny starfruit counter behavior too though...

edit: lol, I just now fired FN up and played a single round and the ad appeared. It also appeared when I was playing at work about 3 hours ago. It's not by any chance using IP addresses to determine whether the ad is shown is it - so that you can see the ad once for each different IP addy you might be logged into throughout the day?

Last edited by Zevious Zoquis; 01-30-2013 at 08:20 PM..
Old 06-29-2013, 09:08 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

The starfruit issue happens to me too. However my experience is different.
When I play a game and score points you normally get starfruit and that adds up perfectly every time. But when you actually play a game where a bonus starfruit comes into play and you slice it and finish the game. that is when the score does not add up properly. however it is on and off. i played several games in a row and when i got a +250 starfruit bonus it worked and added up and then i got a +300 and i didnt add up at all.

Note: as soon as the game ends it adds to your total but when you quit or go to gutsus cart that is when the total number changes.

in terms of ads i have never experienced any.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:58 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

In regards to the ads on the paid version of fruit ninja.

My girlfriend had downloaded the full version when it was free and she gets ads all the time. i paid for the app and never got a single ad.

In case that helps.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:44 AM
iPhone 5

hmmm, somethings gone funky with my FN over the past few days. It seems to be doing its own thing with regard to starfruit spending. I'lve got around 50,000 and I'll buy a round of power-ups (9, 10, and 10) and be left with about 47,000 starfruit. Then I'll play a round of arcade mode and when I'm done I'll suddenly have like 42,000 starfruits and a couple dozen of each powerup. Then last night I was playing and my starfruit hoard jumped from about 51,000 up to over 100,000 between rounds and the game went shopping for me again and bought a dozen or so of each power up...

Halfbrick, your best game needs some love and attention.