★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anyone have info on Myst?

02-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Anyone have info on Myst?

Okay Iím new so I apologize if this question has already been exhausted. Does anyone know whatís going on with the supposed Myst port and if itís actual Myst or more like RealMyst? I checked the forums at Cyan but I really canít find any definitive answers. I think RealMyst would be cool but maybe it would require too much space. Although I think someone ported the series to Pocket PC in like a 100Mb or so each.
02-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Welcome to TA, I havent heard anything yet but I played Mist before and its pretty cool

02-16-2009, 10:35 AM
myst + ipod = awesome

myst for ipod? really? that would be so cool!
02-16-2009, 10:40 AM
One question though, has anyone ever beat it without any help whatsoever? I don't think it's possible, I was stuck on that stupid game for almost a year until I broke down and bought the guide...

Gamecenter:1337brian
02-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I ran into the developers at Casual Connect in Seattle last year. I don't know why it isn't out yet.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
One question though, has anyone ever beat it without any help whatsoever? I don't think it's possible, I was stuck on that stupid game for almost a year until I broke down and bought the guide...
What? Myst is easy; I think most people beat it without help. Riven, on the other hand, is quite hard, but I still beat it without any help...barely. (Myst III is also easy, Myst IV is pretty hard, Myst V is just annoying. I stopped playing it, but not because I got stuck.)

--Eric
02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5h5 View Post
What? Myst is easy; I think most people beat it without help. Riven, on the other hand, is quite hard, but I still beat it without any help...barely. (Myst III is also easy, Myst IV is pretty hard, Myst V is just annoying. I stopped playing it, but not because I got stuck.)

--Eric
I'm sorry I hate that everyone tells me "Man you couldn't beat Myst?" "Dude that game is easy". You mean to tell me you beat it 100% without asking anyone "how do you..?" Or looking in a guide? Honestly? If so then I commend you, then again, I was only 12 or 13 when it came out, I haven't tried since. But from what I remember I hated that game...

Gamecenter:1337brian
02-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Don't worry...I was the same way.

But I want this game to be released soooo bad. I try to forget it's there so I don't feel sad that it's not out yet...haha.
02-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I remember playing this when I was 7 (1993/1994?). I never figured out the code you needed to input inside the fireplace in the library. I remember there being a metal wall in the fireplace where you had to press a bunch of squares.

I always wanted to find out what was up with those two guys in the red/blue books in the library. I remember one (both?) of them trapping the player inside once read.

I should revisit this game now that I'm 3x as old as when I last played.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 02-16-2009 at 01:08 PM.
02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
i remember on the first one, the ending was right there in front of you right at the beginning, but you had to go all over the place solving puzzles to find out the code to figure the above statement out

good game

i did hear it was rumored to be ported, but haven't heard anything since