★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games you would love to see on the iPad...

04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Games you would love to see on the iPad...

My 32gb iPad 3g should be delivered on the 30th, I can't wait. Now that we have an (almost) entirely new platform to design for, I would love to see something resembling the old "Age of Empires" series. Its doubtful if Microsoft would give much thought to releasing it to the app store, but Gameloft doesnt seem to have any qualms about ah..er.."cloning" titles. I loved AOE II and it would make an awesome RTS for the touch screen.

Another title I would love to see that would take full advantage of the accelerometer is "Descent" I wasted many hours on that old DOS game as a kid. The 360 degrees of movement would be a good fit for the ipad's technology.

Finally I would like to see something similar to the medieval/steamunk stealth game, the "Thief" series. The Dark Engine that Thief 1 & 2 ran on would port quite nicely to the iPad with little noticeable graphics change.

What are your thoughts? What iPad reboots of older games would you most want to see?

Last edited by dww970; 04-21-2010 at 02:49 PM.
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Definitely "Dante's Inferno"
The XBox game was really great. This have to be available at the iPad !!

04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger123 View Post
Definitely "Dante's Inferno"
The XBox game was really great. This have to be available at the iPad !!
I am surprised they didn't release some type of mobile incarnation of the title as did Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed, though they may still... unless Gameloft beats them to it.
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dww970 View Post
My 32gb iPad 3g should be delivered on the 30th, I can't wait. Now that we have an (almost) entirely new platform to design for, I would love to see something resembling the old "Age of Empires" series. Its doubtful if Microsoft would give much thought to releasing it to the app store, but Gameloft doesnt seem to have any qualms about ah..er.."cloning" titles. I loved AOE II and it would make an awesome RTS for the touch screen.
If you are looking for a RTS similar to Age of Empires, check out The Settlers
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruho View Post
If you are looking for a RTS similar to Age of Empires, check out The Settlers
I had it for the iPhone, and liked it except the interface was too small to play comfortably on the iphone's small screen. It's out for iPad allready? This is great news!
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dww970 View Post
I had it for the iPhone, and liked it except the interface was too small to play comfortably on the iphone's small screen. It's out for iPad allready? This is great news!
first welcome to TA....second it is not out as a native application for the iPad, but I'm sure you could double the size using the original iPhone version......

Last edited by Fruho; 04-21-2010 at 03:28 PM.
04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
I wanna Myst/Riven
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Eliss would be PERFECT. The multi touch-screen capabilities it brought to the iPhone was amazing, and would be simply awesome on a large platform. When the iPad first came out, I only thought of Eliss.
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootbean View Post
I wanna Myst/Riven
Riven would be the greatest. I spent many relaxing summer evenings playing that game. Myst is ok, it's the classic, but Riven has an allure all it's own.
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruho View Post
first welcome to TA....second it is not out as a native application for the iPad, but I'm sure you could double the size using the original iPhone version......
Thank you!