★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Space Pulse

04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Space Pulse - A visually stunning space shooter

Space Pulse: A Space Shooter game

Youtube link | Pop Up

What do ya' think?

Last edited by bcarbone; 04-21-2010 at 08:36 PM.
04-21-2010, 10:31 PM
It looks pretty basic to me, IMHO. How are you going to compete against all the other shooters on the app store?

04-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I like the retro graphics, but I would suggest an alternate control scheme where you use your finger to move the ship and the ship auto fires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
It looks pretty basic to me, IMHO. How are you going to compete against all the other shooters on the app store?
It's not done yet, But there is going to be achievements and online leaderboards. It has really cool particle effects. Plus it is just really fun to play. What do the other shooters have that I would need to compete with?

@DG Yeah there will be different control schemes. Auto firing might not be a good idea though because some of the achievements may have to do with accuracy.

Last edited by bcarbone; 04-21-2010 at 11:06 PM.
04-22-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarbone View Post
It's not done yet, But there is going to be achievements and online leaderboards. It has really cool particle effects. Plus it is just really fun to play. What do the other shooters have that I would need to compete with?
The best way to answer your question is to download and play some of the other excellent shooters out there to see what you are up against. There are a lot of good shooters out there but if you want to narrow your category down to retro graphics and/or cool particle effects then why don't you take a look at Isotope, geoFighter - Light Wars, Pew Pew, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, and Galaga Remix, to name a few.

Also, keep in mind that you don't necessarily need to copy other games' features but you do need to distinguish your game somehow.

Good luck!
04-22-2010, 05:21 AM
Send a message via MSN to FK1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansu View Post
Agreed, maybe not a good idea to try and compete in this genre lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
I like the retro graphics, but I would suggest an alternate control scheme where you use your finger to move the ship and the ship auto fires.
TOTALLY agree!, without this I wouldn't even try a lite version, too many other good shooters out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarbone View Post
It has really cool particle effects.
The effects look ok in the video but not great, certainly not "visually stunning" as the title suggests

Do you need a game testing or reviewing? PM me!

Plunderland, absolutely amazing game!

Last edited by FK1983; 04-22-2010 at 05:24 AM.
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Here is a video showing off the touch controls.

Disclaimer: Gameplay is subject to change.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thank you all for the suggestions. I seriously appreciate it.