Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 PM
iPad

Anyone care to comment on the ostensibly new physics? I'm not too sharp when to comes to pinpointing slight differences in pinball engines. For example, I don't feel any difference from a few games on the Da Vinci table. Flippers are still the same, with their large size and scope.

The new holiday-themed table is a slight disappointment after the refreshing inventiveness of Da Vinci. After a handful of 60 sec trials, I already feel I've seen most of the scenery and it doesn't do much for me.

I do like that they have kept releasing new tables, with the two latest at such an agreeable price point. Even though I'm unmoved by the latest one, I sincerely hope Gameprom keeps at it. Maybe a new collection of harder, more challenging tables with realistic flippers? One can hope.

Icon now looks ten times better without the overused iOS glow.

Last edited by Ghouls'R'us; 02-28-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 PM

I've bought both the iPhone and iPad versions, the stand alone Slayer & ACDC and the previous stand alones of Wild West etc I've become a little burnt out from their releases after I IAPed for DaVinci on iPad and then realised I had to pay for it again in the iPhone version. (hopefully everyone had to and not just me :-P )

I guess I've been spoilt by the universal builds of Pinball Arcade, Zen and even Age Of Pinballs. It's not a big outlay to spend $0.99 on each platform but it's all just become a little messy with the large amount of versions/releases there is now, more so with the Collection app!

With all my little meaningless grumbles aside, I think I'll pass on this table on both my devices for some of those reasons and I'm not loving the new release. As mentioned above, I hope more great tables are released!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svolskiy View Post
Hi Guys,

I have good news, the Pinball HD and Pinball HD Collection update for iPad with the new Snow table.

What's New in this Version
✭ New table Snow Pinball.
✭ Interactive tutorial "How to play".
✭ Added new "follow ball" camera mode in landscape orientation.
✭ Improved ball physics.
✭ New icons.

Enjoy!

LOVE IT....I was looking to see if anyone mentioned the new table, glad you did !

The music and atmosphere is really good on the SNOW table !....great work
Old 02-29-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
I've bought both the iPhone and iPad versions, the stand alone Slayer & ACDC and the previous stand alones of Wild West etc I've become a little burnt out from their releases after I IAPed for DaVinci on iPad and then realised I had to pay for it again in the iPhone version. (hopefully everyone had to and not just me :-P )

I guess I've been spoilt by the universal builds of Pinball Arcade, Zen and even Age Of Pinballs. It's not a big outlay to spend $0.99 on each platform but it's all just become a little messy with the large amount of versions/releases there is now, more so with the Collection app!

With all my little meaningless grumbles aside, I think I'll pass on this table on both my devices for some of those reasons and I'm not loving the new release. As mentioned above, I hope more great tables are released!

I am pretty sure they said that the Pinball Collection HD is going to be made Universal....but that doesn't' help if you already bought them with the other apps....(as I have done too)....but honestly I play tons more on the iPad than iPhone anymore so it doesn't upset me....but I see your point.

Hopefully they will get it Universal before long.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:32 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

yes, they said that pinball collection HD first released for iPad will be universal, but now they cheated us... Gameprom didnt release Pinball collection as universal app, but insted they release separate iPhone only pinball collection.. i am so angy at them, because based on their promises, to make universal app, i bought pinball collection for ipad, with all IAP, but now they wanna to pay them again for same tables as they do with Pinball HD, ect..

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me...
Old 03-02-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svolskiy View Post
Pinball HD Collection will be universal, very soon.
If this is the case and you weren’t just lying to your fans, how do you justify Pinball HD Collection for iPhone?

When the Pinball Collection came out, I was tempted to consolidate all of these tables into a single app. I almost purchased everything again, especially after reading the above promise to make the app Universal. But I didn’t. At first, I was disappointed that there wasn’t an “unlock previous purchases” feature and that we were forced to double or triple dip on these tables. Now, I see that they’re asking some of us to quadruple dip by buying this iPhone collection, and I’m sure that I made the right decision.

I realize that I can just keep my original apps, consolidation be damned, and put my faith in the assumption that they’ll continue to support these obsoleted legacy versions with updates. And I’d do just that if I still played any of these games, but I don’t.

Gameprom at one point dominated App Store pinball. But those days were a while ago, before Zen Studios and FarSight started drinking their milkshake. I’m moving on.

(I’ll be sure to check back into this thread in a few months, though, because I’m going to have a good laugh when I see Pinball Super HD Collection for retina iPads. It’ll be a separate app, of course. Don’t act surprised when it shows up.)

Last edited by HerbertKornfeld; 03-02-2012 at 03:50 PM..
Old 03-02-2012, 04:08 PM

Check out their Facebook page for the latest news on this being Universal.

Not happening, for reasons I can understand, just wish they wouldn't have said it was going to be.

For me personally it's not a big deal since I only really play on the iPad....but I know for others this isn't so good.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbertKornfeld View Post
If this is the case and you weren’t just lying to your fans, how do you justify Pinball HD Collection for iPhone?
I can see two apps, lots of games have done a cheaper iPhone app and an iPad app. (or Universal or Retina or whatever...)

The main issue is that Apple keeps IAP locked to each app, which means if you've got Pinball HD or the Elite Collection or whatever, you could end up buying the exact same IAP for multiple apps. I really wish they'd change this, but I don't see why they'd want to: it encourages double-dipping which makes them more money overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyman381 View Post
Check out their Facebook page for the latest news on this being Universal.

Not happening, for reasons I can understand, just wish they wouldn't have said it was going to be.
Sucko.

Might be the last time I buy any of their tables, which is too bad. And it's a surprising choice considering Zen and Arcade Pinball are both universal - with one IAP I get to play on my iPhone (which is most of the time) and occasionally on our iPad (when I manage to wrestle it away from our daughter! )
Old 03-02-2012, 05:52 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm more mad about the fact that war pinball is buyable in the newer goofy free pinball hd (the one with the snot colored icon that reminds me of an icon with the nasty flu, change that crappy thing already), but NOT available in the other, paid version with the nice blue icon.
It's more convenient to have all the tables in ONE app, gameprom. I will happily buy them again for this reason.

I have emailed gameprom 5 times about it, but they don't answer email anymore either.

Furthermore, advertising 11 plus table right now...if I'm not mistaken, they have ten tables released, not 11.
Sure, maybe red planet is in the works, but it's not out.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:07 AM

Apple listed Pinball HD as one of Top 25 paid apps for iPad all time!