App description: This unique table features pinball bumpers and targets, plus a color monitor where you can take on a variety of old-school digital minigame challenges - an endless space scroller, plus car racing, missile defense, a block breaker, and more at incrementing skill levels.

Apple Design Awards 2010 winner

Listed by Apple in "Best 10 iPad Apps in 2010"

1st place in US top paid apps during the first sales day

"Pinball HD is simply a game that was just made for the iPad: it has intuitive controls, takes full advantage of the devices hardware and delivers a truly immersive experience that will take you right back to the golden age of the arcade."
-- Marco Tabini, Macworld.com

"With three tables, reliable physics and controls, and gorgeous graphics, it is a pleasure to recommend."
-- Levi Buchanan, IGN.com

ABOUT THE GAME

Pinball HD - This game will change your idea of Pinball on the iPad. Each table - Wild West, The Deep, and Jungle style - are masterpieces. You'll be stunned with the level of realism. This is a REAL Pinball simulator with stunning 3D graphics both with or without 3D glasses.

IMPORTANT

Landscape mode - "full table" view
Portrait mode - "flying-table" view
In portrait mode slide up or down your both thumbs to toggle camera view from "flying-table" to "full table".

FEATURES

3 pinball tables with unique graphics, instructions, missions system, locations and characters
Landscape mode shows a full table view. The games can be played in either landscape orientation with the button to the left or right of the screen.
Portrait mode gives you a flying-table view with the camera panning and zooming over the action. This can only be played when holding the iPad with the button on the bottom. If you activate the screen orientation switch, the game only plays in portrait mode.
A wonderful 3D engine that does true justice to the graphic capabilities of the iPad.
Realistic physics.
Built in help for each table. Tap the circled "I" at the bottom right of each table to get a display detailing instructions and descriptions of the features of each table. Make sure to swipe left and right when viewing since the instructions don't fit on one screen.
Local and global high scores. Swiping right brings up a table of local high scores and further tapping brings up high scores from copies sold throughout
the world. At the end of each game you are prompted to enter your name and have your score included.
Unique soundtrack with atmospheric music, sound effects and voices.
Camera tilt brings dimensionality to the games offering a simulated 3D effect where the image changes depending upon how you tilt the iPad. Camera tilt only works in landscape mode.
Stereoscopic imaging option (requires anaglyph eyeglasses). You can choose between red-cyan, green-magenta or yellow-blue lenses.

HOW TO PLAY

When running the app, you are presented with a 3D simulated camera zoom, pan and fly-over of one of the games. Tapping on a game's fly-over screen shows/hides main menu. Tap on Play button to start game on current table.
Controls in game:
Tap ANYWHERE on the left side of screen to control the left flipper and ANYWHERE on the right side to control the right flipper.
Shake your iPad to realistically nudge the pinball table, but not too much or you'll tilt.
Tap on the "electronic caption" at the top of the screen to pause or resume your game.

Follow us on:

Twitter - http://twitter.com/Gameprom
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Gameprom
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/GamepromCompany
Company site - http://gameprom.com

JCat's comments:
That was faster then I expected - heading there now!

04-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadweight View Post
Nice. But I'll likely wait until an update for the whole table as well. Not a big fan of scrolling pinball machines. Looks amazing tho.
I just realized why I don't like pinball on the iphone. It's the scrolling tables that give me a huge headache. Is there an update coming out where they don't scroll and you see the whole table all the time ?
04-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadweight View Post
Nice. But I'll likely wait until an update for the whole table as well. Not a big fan of scrolling pinball machines. Looks amazing tho.
I just realized why I don't like pinball on the iphone. It's the scrolling tables that give me a huge headache. Is there an update coming out where they don't scroll and you see the whole table all the time ?

Some classic style old school tables would be very cool as well

04-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Anyone know if their Pinball remote app will control the game on the iPad?

Just curious.

If any of you who have purchased the iPad version and have an iPhone could test this out (remote is free) I'd love to know.

Thanks
R
04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
I assumed that the portrait mode would be the full table, and the landscape mode would be scrolling. I don't understand why it is the other way around. Anyone know?
I agree, there shoud be an option for the full table view in portrait. It just seems more natural.
04-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
I assumed that the portrait mode would be the full table, and the landscape mode would be scrolling. I don't understand why it is the other way around. Anyone know?
Exactly what I was thinking. Nevertheless, it's stunning - wow is the iPad so made for pinball (and board games, and RTS, and RPGS...and.. lol)
04-21-2010, 11:55 PM
The reason why we're saying this is: the perspective of the full table in Landscape view yields an awkward distortion with the top of the table being scrunched while the lower flipper portion is too wide. This would be lessened and the game would be more playable in Portrait mode.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
04-21-2010, 11:56 PM
I have played for about 1/2hr and as much as I love the game it bothers me that the ball seems to freeze every now and then. Makes what would my favorite pinball game a little annoying.
04-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Been playing it for a ahwile...Yeah, what an odd decision Gameprom went with...seems very backwards with the whole landscape and portrait modes. And no the remote doesn't work on the iPad version.
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixm View Post
Just curious.

If any of you who have purchased the iPad version and have an iPhone could test this out (remote is free) I'd love to know.

Thanks
R
not now
and im not sure this is a necessary feature....
what you think?

Gameprom Company
Pinball HD Collection - 11 tables inside!
04-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogosov View Post
not now
and im not sure this is a necessary feature....
what you think?
Not necessary, but would be a nice feature. According to the reviews though, most people are having a lot of latency issues with the remote anyways...I'm sure they'll fix it.