★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dem Bones - ouch

02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Dem Bones - ouch

I bought Dem Bones because I thought it would be a good educational brush up on my skeletal knowledge for illustration.

The premise of the 'game' is to teach youngsters to place bones on the human body to learn where they go. I know this was intended for kids, but I doubt it would keep any kid amused for longer than five minutes.

Oooof, even if this was free (which it wasn't) I cannot recommend this. No increasing difficulty (basically just 9 bone areas.) Game development and production is completely sub-par.

This app is indicative of how low you can go to get an app accepted in the store.
02-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkRobotics View Post
I bought Dem Bones because I thought it would be a good educational brush up on my skeletal knowledge for illustration.

The premise of the 'game' is to teach youngsters to place bones on the human body to learn where they go. I know this was intended for kids, but I doubt it would keep any kid amused for longer than five minutes.

Oooof, even if this was free (which it wasn't) I cannot recommend this. No increasing difficulty (basically just 9 bone areas.) Game development and production is completely sub-par.

This app is indicative of how low you can go to get an app accepted in the store.
That's probably why it is intended for kids, low content, now something really polished with the same idea would be nice. Maybe even muscles

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
You expected something more?