★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Wait or Buy?

04-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Wait or Buy?

An epic struggle many of us probably go through; that itch we've all felt before... whether or not to hit that BUY button!!

Current itch: Sword & Poker

Wish I would have bought it when it was 0.99. Is it worth the 3.99 price tag? Should I WAIT? or BUY??

DUN DUN DUN...

P.S. Feel free to put up your own 'Wait or Buy' scenarios. Only after responding to mine though, of course ;P

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)
04-22-2010, 01:20 AM
It's good but just wait for another price drop. Unless you really have to have it now.

04-22-2010, 01:21 AM
I was in the same boat regarding Sword and Poker. I chose to wait. But if that particular game never comes down at all, I won't feel too bothered. And that's the crux of it really. No-one is going to give you a completely objective answer as to whether a game is worth "X." It wasn't worth $5 (AUD) to me.

I can be objective to an extent, and say that I believe the game is overpriced currently. However, I could easily say the same thing about a number of others that I purchased regardless. The question is not "is game X worth X amount." The question is, do you want it badly enough right now to pay the asking price or not.

If you look at it that way, I think the answer might become more apparent.
04-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Read the S&P thread and decide if you're definitely interested. If you want it, it's well worth a couple extra bucks just to enjoy the game rather than thinking about it all the time.

I loved Sword and Poker. Still on my device and well worth 4 bucks.
04-22-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranb28 View Post
An epic struggle many of us probably go through; that itch we've all felt before... whether or not to hit that BUY button!!

Current itch: Sword & Poker

Wish I would have bought it when it was 0.99. Is it worth the 3.99 price tag? Should I WAIT? or BUY??

DUN DUN DUN...

P.S. Feel free to put up your own 'Wait or Buy' scenarios. Only after responding to mine though, of course ;P

Seems as if the devs heard you... since 20 minutes on sale for 1.99$. I highly recommend it - just hit the buy-button quick.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Seems as if the devs heard you... now on sale for 1.99$. I highly recommend it - just hit the buy-button quick.
Are you serious?

*wonders if he should make another thread about Chaos Rings*

04-22-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranb28 View Post
Are you serious?

*wonders if he should make another thread about Chaos Rings*

I used my sale-magic...

Yes... if you look here:
http://toucharcade.com/newest-iphone-games/

Price dropped 20 Minutes ago. You're lucky. At 1.99$ it's a steal - because of the nice gameplay and the huge content. It takes quite an amount of time to finish it.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I tend to wait for iPhone games to hit $.99 now or wait all together for iPad versions. I also like to wait for sales in general unless I know I'm going to really enjoy a game (Gameprom's pinball games as an example are instant buys). Waiting on Babylonian Twins HD as an example paid off and I snagged it for $2.
04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersurge View Post
I tend to wait for iPhone games to hit $.99 now or wait all together for iPad versions. I also like to wait for sales in general unless I know I'm going to really enjoy a game (Gameprom's pinball games as an example are instant buys). Waiting on Babylonian Twins HD as an example paid off and I snagged it for $2.
Minigore went back on sale, might pick it up now!