★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: CHAOS RINGS HD by Square Enix

04-22-2010, 08:30 AM
CHAOS RINGS HD by Square Enix

Quote:
Many thanks from the producer... and actually he's working on CHAOS RINGS HD?? http://bit.ly/b3hiul #iPhone
http://twitter.com/SquareEnixDLG/statuses/12638552037

Quote:
Hello! It’s me, Ando again!

First of all, let me thank you!!
CHAOS RINGS became the top grossing app in nine countries, including US and Japan!
Thank you very much, I am really really happy!
I want to have a party with everyone!
I wish I could go all countries and see you guys!!

I was moved to try CHAOS RINGS HD…
Creators in Media Vision are so nice and clever that actually the game launched and moved.
It was so exciting and impressive, especially battle scenes!
Of course it needs many revising and adjustments, but now I seriously think CHAOS RINGS HD is quite a good idea, if CHAOS RINGS is appreciated.

Well, we’ll keep on creating other good games too!

Must have a party first to do that…

Gratefully,
Takehiro Ando

http://www.facebook.com/notes/square...d/389604921300
04-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Dang it I knew I should have waited for this instead of getting the iPhone version.

04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
It was a shame that I had to hold off on the off chance that this would happen, but I'm glad I did. Hope it comes out soon!
04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah this is why I stopped buying iPhone games unless they are $.99. Waiting for the iPad version sucks but sometimes its worth it
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Chaos Rings HD would be awesome. Price however will probably be $20-$30

Bring us FF7 for the iPad!
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post

Wow, if it's that much, forget about it. The game's nice, but it's certainly not a full-fledged game. More like an XBLA or PSN downloadable game, which is why the original 13 buck price was reasonable.

Count me as one of the annoyed early adopters who bought the iPhone version only to play on the iPad.
04-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post

With the massive success of CHAOS RINGS I wouldn't be surprised of Square Enix ports FF7 to the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad. Even just a direct port enhanced with touchscreen controls and higher polygon models would sell very well at, say, a $20 price point.

But that's not the topic. Personally, I wouldn't have gotten this for iPad even if I held off on getting the iPhone/iPod Touch version. I carry my iPod Touch around all the time, and CHAOS RINGS is designed for mobile use. My iPad stays at home.
04-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFlight View Post
Wow, if it's that much, forget about it. The game's nice, but it's certainly not a full-fledged game. More like an XBLA or PSN downloadable game, which is why the original 13 buck price was reasonable.

Count me as one of the annoyed early adopters who bought the iPhone version only to play on the iPad.
Not a full-Fledged game ?
What a joke !!!
You say me when a game like this is on the PSN or XBLA...
I haven't seen today.
04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira01 View Post
What a joke !!!
I haven't seen today.
Ummmm... Shadow Complex???

Not an RPG, but certainly a complete game that was excellently done.

I would also love to see FF VII on iPhone / iPad, although I would say that the graphics need to have a serious update. I did not mind on the PS, but have grown too used to having nicer graphics with the more recent iterations..

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira01 View Post
What a joke !!!
I haven't seen today.
There are a few "lite" RPGs that have been released on XBLA like the two Penny Arcade Adventures and a Vandal Hearts prequel. Chaos Hearts is between 4 and 6 hours to play through the first team. That's pretty much the game, repeated 3 more times (by playing the other teams). If this was on the PSP at 40 bucks it would be torn apart by critics. The game is good, but as I said before, not a full fledged game.