★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

OpenFeint Problem

04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
OpenFeint Problem

Hey,

So I got a new iPhone (my other one got ruined) and I backed up all info and apps to this new device. However when I played a game with Open Feint I ended up making a new account/guest account such as player74756564646 or whatever.

Unfortunately I didn't notice until I had sent a load of friend requests to some people at TA (so if you have some weird request from someone who hasn't played any games or got ant OF points, then that would be me, sorry ).

Anyway, so I obviously want to change my OF account to my usual one. So I get to a screen that says 'Welcome Back!' to me as the accidentally made account. So then I select 'I want to use another account'. Here I am presented where I have to type in an email address to login. I was expecting to put in my username and password. To my knowledge, I don't even remember verifying my OF account in mail, and having tried typing in all of my email accounts and searching my mailbox for a verification email, I find no solution.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there some way to just type in my username and password?

Thanks
Mad

www.oneclickmac.com - News, Reviews and Discussion on Mac App Store Gaming.

Latest Reviews:
RAGE Mafia II Doodle Fit
04-22-2010, 04:00 PM
There is something you need to do when you have an OpenFeint where you authorize your account or something. It's something you needed to do with your other iPhone.

There was something you needed to do to make it so you can use the OpenFeint account across various devices, but I forgot what it was.

Whatever it was, do you remember doing anything like that? It does deal with putting in your email address.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
04-22-2010, 06:58 PM
In order to move recover your account you must first secure it on the original device by enabling account retrieval (entering a e-mail and password). If you didn't do that and you don't have the original device anymore go to http://www.openfeint.com/support/
04-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks for your help,

I have sent OF an email to get it migrated

Thanks again
Mad

www.oneclickmac.com - News, Reviews and Discussion on Mac App Store Gaming.

Latest Reviews:
RAGE Mafia II Doodle Fit