★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mario party/Warioware style game?

02-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Mario party/Warioware style game?

Are there any games on the iPhone that are like Mario Party or WarioWare games? I can't see why there wouldn't be because with the iPhone you can create a lot of different types of mini-games, like the tracing mini-game from WarioWare, or the drawing one from Mario Party. A one where you would have to blow a balloon, or candle is possible through the microphone of the iPhone. You can make others that use the iPhone's accelerometer, and ones that can use virtual controls. A Mario Party or WarioWare styled game can't get any better on a device like the iPhone/iPod touch.

YouTube - Mario Party video
YouTube - WarioWare video
02-16-2009, 05:54 PM
There was one, but I forget its name. It was really weak, though. Basically, all you'd do is swipe, push, and blow little colored cubes away. Nothing groundbreaking.

02-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I wish someone would post mario party 1-8 and other mario games (even sonic too)
02-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
I wish someone would post mario party 1-8 and other mario games (even sonic too)
..?

If your talking about an emulator then I don't think any emulator on the iPhone can run Mario Party 4-8. Mario Party DS is a possibility though.
02-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Sonic would be awesome on an iDevice, if only Sega was nice.... I loved the Mario party games on my gameboy, they're pretty sweet, perfect for an iDevice too.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
02-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forerunnerz View Post
..?

If your talking about an emulator then I don't think any emulator on the iPhone can run Mario Party 4-8. Mario Party DS is a possibility though.
I think he's (or she, I really have no clue) talking about ports. Emulators on the iPhone suck so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfender2022 View Post
Sonic would be awesome on an iDevice, if only Sega was nice.... I loved the Mario party games on my gameboy, they're pretty sweet, perfect for an iDevice too.
SEGA has been awfully quite lately. Maybe they're working on a Sonic Adventures port! Or maybe a Sonic Advance port! Or maybe all of them!!! And while I'm at it, they're offering them free of charge because they love us! Ok, maybe too far...

Last edited by Kamazar; 02-16-2009 at 06:00 PM.
02-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I think he's (or she, I really have no clue) talking about ports. Emulators on the iPhone suck so bad
Well, the PSX emu sucks but the Gameboy Advance, and NES emulators on the iPhone work great. Especially with the new updates with multi-touch.

EDIT: Sonic on the iPhone would be SO simple to have a control concept. It would work by tilting the device to move, swiping verticle on-screen to jump, swiping horizontal to charge in the ball. and swiping horizontal in-air to to an air dash. As simple as that.

Last edited by Forerunnerz; 02-16-2009 at 06:03 PM.
02-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Quote:
I mean mario ports in general realy I have a Sonic game for Gamebor SP and I would love to have it ported
02-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
SEGA has been awfully quite lately. Maybe they're working on a Sonic Adventures port! Or maybe a Sonic Advance port! Or maybe all of them!!! And while I'm at it, they're offering them free of charge because they love us! Ok, maybe too far...
SEGA is not thaaat nice.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
This thread is getting off-topic and turning into a "call for port" thread. There aren't any games that are really similar to Mario Party right now, and we shouldn't be talking about ports of Sonic or what Sega is doing right now in a thread thats asking a simple question. I'm not trying to sound rough or anything, but it's just a pointless conversation

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss