★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Digital Pinball "Last Gladiators" released by SEGA SATURN in year 1995, widely acclaimed both domestically and abroad, came back to life after a long wait!

Realistic behavior of balls and flipper, sophisticated graphics!
Doug Aldrich produced real Hard Rock BGM!
Find the amusingness undiminished, on iPhone complete transplant based on Ver9.7.

Operation optimized for iPhone! Play comfortably by intuitive tap operation!
Of course, fully supervised by Digital Pinball Company KAZe!
Complete high quality entertainment for adults.

What does the last sword fighters the "Last Gladiators" fight for?
The "Last Gladiators" is featuring four pinball machines which themed the story revolves around four Fighters reincarnated from ancient Rome through two thousand years of journey beyond space and time.

"Gladiators" is the ancient Rome gladiators fighting for liberty.
"Night of the Roses" is the legendary knight fighting for salvation.
"Dragon Showdown" is the oriental civil wars monarch fighting for supremacy.
And "Warlock" is the last holy war to seal the history of mankind's war.

Four pinball machines having each flavor, has 9 round + final round configured for each machine.

All four pinball machines are waiting to test player's skill.
Welcome to the bloody arena!
The last graduators! Put an end to the 2000 years of war history.

* This product can play one machine the "Gladiators". Add on purchase for the remaining three machines the "Night of the Roses", the "Dragon Showdown" , the "Warlock" is available through "Buy Game" from the title screen.

*DP Digital Pinball is registered trademarks of KAZe.
*SEGA SATURN is registered trademarks of SEGA Corporation.

squarezero's comments:


Let me get this out of the way. This is a $4.99 pinball game with one table; 3 other tables are available as DLC for $4.99 each.

I repeat: each.

Yes, it's damn expensive. But, so far, that one Gladiator table has given me the most exhilarating pinball experience on the iPhone.

Here's a video of the Sega Saturn version; the iPhone version is exactly the same, down to the cheesy/awesome voiceovers.


Youtube link | Pop Up
04-22-2010, 04:06 PM
#2
Hmm, this is a tough one.

Generally, I wouldn't have a problem with the $4.99 price tag, but pricing each other DLC table at $4.99 does seem steep.

That being said, this looks like something I'd drop quarters in if I saw it in an arcade (which is something I can't say for any of the other pinball sims on iPhone).

Will have to think about this one.

04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
#3
Good to know you liked it. I saw it earlier but didnt look much impressive to me. Anyways here's the iphone videos..

Gladiators


Youtube link | Pop Up


Knights of Roses


Youtube link | Pop Up


Dragon Showdown


Youtube link | Pop Up


Warlock


Youtube link | Pop Up

04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
Hmm, this is a tough one.

Generally, I wouldn't have a problem with the $4.99 price tag, but pricing each other DLC table at $4.99 does seem steep.

That being said, this looks like something I'd drop quarters in if I saw it in an arcade (which is something I can't say for any of the other pinball sims on iPhone).

Will have to think about this one.
I don't blame you -- it game me pause, too. But you're right: this is the first pinball sim I've played on the iPhone that feels right. Gameprom makes very nice pinball games, but I always end up more admiring their production values than enjoying them as games. This is a different beast altogether.
04-22-2010, 04:32 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Good to know you liked it. I saw it earlier but didnt look much impressive to me. Anyways here's the iphone videos.
Thanks for the videos. Now I want the other tables (damn!).
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Thanks for the videos. Now I want the other tables (damn!).
Yeah, $20.00 for all the tables is steep, but this is the first game I've seen for the iPhone that looks and sounds like real pinball. Quick question if you've played it. Does it have any of the little scoreboard minigames that became prominent in 90's pinball games (ie a little game displayed on the backglass where you just use the left and right flipper buttons to play while the ball is held)? I watched all the demo tables, but didn't see anything (then again, that guy didn't seem able to hit the drop-catch thing to save his life).
04-22-2010, 05:10 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
Yeah, $20.00 for all the tables is steep, but this is the first game I've seen for the iPhone that looks and sounds like real pinball. Quick question if you've played it. Does it have any of the little scoreboard minigames that became prominent in 90's pinball games (ie a little game displayed on the backglass where you just use the left and right flipper buttons to play while the ball is held)? I watched all the demo tables, but didn't see anything (then again, that guy didn't seem able to hit the drop-catch thing to save his life).
I remember those mini games, but no, none on the Gladiator table. The number of bonuses, combos, targets, etc is impressive; the included instructions run for pages and pages. Multiball is intense: on the gladiator table you can have 3 at a time, with drop-catches shooting balls out like cannons. Scoring is ridiculous, too, with 20,000,000 bonus not really unusual. Unfortunately there are no online leaderboards, but as a pure pinball experience, this is definitely my favorite.
04-22-2010, 05:20 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
This is one of my favorite pinball games, and it's enough to make me want to splurge on the other tables. I'm not a fan of the price tag either for the DLC, but if you're into intense ball action, you should definitely try this out.
04-22-2010, 05:24 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
This is one of my favorite pinball games, and it's enough to make me want to splurge on the other tables. I'm not a fan of the price tag either for the DLC, but if you're into intense ball action, you should definitely try this out.
Aw man... more tempting by the second.
04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
#10
Zen pinball

Still don't know why they don't release the Zen Pinball games like on XBox Live and PS3 Network. Those Pinball games are great and have all the mini games and bonuses of 90s pinball u guys are talking about. This however does look like the closest thing to those games. Also the Williams and Gottleib Collection Pinball Games are incredible as they are REAL tables. Wish they wud come to the app store.