★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GGZone
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.7 MB
  • Version: 0.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: PUZZLE RPG-RESCUE THE PRINCESS is similar to 3MATCH PUZZLE and we have added up some element of RPG in this game.
3MATCH PUZZLE is a very addictive game that is loved by many people.
The same thing between 3MATCH PUZZLE and this game is that if you match the same 3 blocks or more in order, it will disappear.
The difference between them is that you have to use the right skill to kill the monster due to each block having its own feature.
There are many blocks in this game : sword, spear, ax, hammer, bow, skull and potion.
Each block is divided into Attack Block, Defensive Block and Suicide Block.

There are sword, spear, ax, hammer and bow as an Attack Block. When you remove these blocks, Monster's HP is reduced.

Potion block is a Defensive Block. When you remove this block, Hero's HP increases.

Skull block is a Suicide Block. When you remove this block, Hero's HP is reduced.

Each Monster attacks Hero fixed time and then Hero's HP is reduced.

When you make a Continuous Combo, there's a lethal attack.
3Combo, 1charge Thunder Skill comes out.
5Combo, 3charge Thunder Skill comes out.
When you make 3Combo and 5Combo, you can give extra damage to monster.

There is a mission on particular stage.
If you succeed the mission, you can clear its stage without battle with monster.

*Update information
- Add onlimited mode
- Use thunder skill form two stages
- The regulation of game balance
- Add the monster motion
- Fixed bug
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM
InstaTOFTTed!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-23-2010, 01:16 AM
I was wondering when you're going to show up.
04-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
I was wondering when you're going to show up.

And I was wondering how you would comment it...
Well - "puzzle" and "PRG" instantly sold me.

Impressions within an hour!

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-23-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Impressions within an hour!
Will be waiting for it.
04-23-2010, 02:58 AM
Well, here are my first impressions:

The style and graphics remind me of the old console games - a charming retro feeling. The game also has a bit of polish (in terms of the graphics/animations) - but not as much as I expected. The drawings of your hero and the monsters are very nice but the board where you match your tiles is a little bit plain. The controls, on the other side, worked flawless for me.

The games is a match-3 puzzle game with a (linear) story - and that is the fun about it. It tells the story of a young hero, fighting monsters though a storyline to save his precious princess.
Although there's a storyline, you can't compare it to a game like Puzzle Quest, because PQ has much more elements and polish in it.
The translation made me chuckle quite a few times - and that's not because the translation is bad (you'll understand everything), it's because there are some grammar errors in it which make the dialogues funny to read.
It's like the things I write sometimes while battling with the grammar - a bit rough and unpolished.

The gameplay is rather simple. Your hero goes through different stages and attacks the monsters by matching weapon symbols, defends and heals himself by matching potion tiles and damages himself when skull tiles are matched. You start with a given ammount of hitpoints and every few seconds you lose some of them because of the monster attacks. You have to try to match tile as quickly as possible to defeat a monster before you run out of HP. The good thing is, that you can move every tile everywhere on the board without the need of a match. Btw. you have to tap the tiles and can't just swipe them around.
Along the storyline, bigger and stronger monsters show up, therefore raising the difficulty.

Haven't found any true RPG elements yet, I think the "RPG" in the name points toward the fantasy settings and battles as well as the story and I guess you can level up to gain more hp. I think that has something to do with the fame points.

With some more polish and by putting in a few real RPG elements (as in Sword & Poker and Puzzle Quest) or chosing a path (from a bunch of choices) on my own (as in Sparkle), this game could be very good.
I'd also suggest a bit of work & polish on the tiles and the board - just a bit more eye candy.

P.S.: Haven't found out how to cast the thunder spell yet.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-23-2010 at 03:52 AM.
04-23-2010, 11:33 PM
So this game is not really puzzle nor rpg, just mainly match-3?
04-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
With some more polish and by putting in a few real RPG elements (as in Sword & Poker and Puzzle Quest) or chosing a path (from a bunch of choices) on my own (as in Sparkle), this game could be very good.
I'd also suggest a bit of work & polish on the tiles and the board - just a bit more eye candy.
So basically, the game could be very good if it were a totally different game.

Am I to take this as a recommendation?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
04-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
So basically, the game could be very good if it were a totally different game.

Am I to take this as a recommendation?
No, it is more that it just needs a little more polish, some work on the translation and 1-2 features which make it not so repetitive.
Atm it is a Match-3 with a fantasy storyline.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-26-2010 at 10:12 AM.