★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ASTRO RANCH THE FARMING GAME THATS OUT OF THIS WORLD! Pro version with unlimited play, no need for an internet connection and exclusive premium content

* THE ADVENTURE BEGINS *
Blasting off from earth, Sindy and Max the intrepid Starlight twins set off for an adventure beyond the stars. W

* MEET THE LOCALS *
After surviving the crash landing you find yourself alone with only your damaged robot dog Rusty for company or so you thought!

* BUILD YOUR RANCH *
Astro Ranch features a large variety of alien crops, animals and tools to help you build the ranch of your dreams! Watch the stock market daily to ensure you get the best price and as you gain experience purchase the many upgrades that are available to help productivity.

* MINI-GAMES *
After a hard day working the land there is nothing better than being able to relax with a spot of fishing! Your ranch has a number of great fishing spots and a wide variety of alien fish to catch. Fishing not your thing? Why not try gold panning down at prospectors creek, or the ancient alien game of tree shaking!

* SHARE THE EXPERIENCE *
Astro Ranch has a host of social features powered by Scoreloop and Facebook that allow you to share your game experience with others. You can send letters, gifts and galactic chips to friends; compare ranch values and boast of your achievements on Facebook!

* KEY FEATURES *
The first ever space themed farming game.
Amazing alien world bought to life with awesome 3D graphics.
Ranch management and quest based game-play.
Wide variety of alien crops, animals, tools and upgrades.
Fishing, gold panning and tree shaking mini-games.
Social features allow you to connect and compete with friends
Customise your game with downloadable clothes and décor (additional cost)

Do you think you have what it takes to build the best space ranch ever?

Download Astro Ranch today and blast off into an adventure thats out of this world!

"Astro Ranch really is a throwback to some of the console gamings best moments. 4/5" TouchMyApps.com

"a title capable of going toe-to-toe with Nintendo's finest at a fraction of the cost. 8/10 SILVER AWARD" PocketGamer.co.uk

"a game with superb depth and detail. 83% GOLD AWARD" mobilegamefaqs.com

"I had a great time visiting Astro Ranch. 4.5/5" Touchgen.com

"one of the best simulation games so far. If youre a fan of Farmville then this is definitely a good pick up." AppAdvice.com

Feedback your update ideas and comments astroranch@tag-games.com
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/taggames
04-23-2010, 02:51 AM
It's a shame people always assume the worst and start all this flaming when Paul explicitly made a long post beforehand to reassure everyone who already bought the game.

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...

04-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Sorry folks I left a message in the existing thread explaining everything but it seems this new one started and I didnt see it until now.

Basically what we are doing is trying out the Ngmoco 'free to play' business model. Astro Ranch to date has had disappointing sales. Part our fault for having a couple of nasty crash bugs in at the start, and part I think that the market for this type of game is small on iPhone. I think if we'd gone 2D and made it more resource management focused it would have done better. Anyway thats life. We are learning all the time and given some othe rmuch larger developers/publishers issues with this kind of transistion its slightly comforting to know we aren't alone.

As sales of Astro Ranch haven't exactly been stellar, we have made it free as a promotion through "freeappaday" and are now moving to a freemium model to try that. The transistion was always going to be difficult and indeed we do have an issue with the DLC in the update (waiting for Apple review) that makes purchasing oxygen impossible. The pains of trying something new... Anything the idea here is to allow as many new people to trial the game as possible. Hopefully they like it and will pay to unlock the full version or buy oxygen to increase their play time in small chunks.

The one thing we DID NOT want to do was annoy or defraud people that had paid for the game at the beginning. To avoid this the updated version checks your game and if its one that was registered BEFORE it went free then you get the upgrade to premium automatically. In fact in the next update you'll get some extra free stuff as a way of our thanks for supporting the game from the start.

The release of Astro Ranch Pro is a mistake. It was queued to release and got reviewed very quickly and caught us out. It has been removed from sale for the moment until we can align it with the free version in a few days. Astro Ranch Pro is for people that are new to the game, running 2.x firmware (so no update via DLC from the free version) and want the full, non-time limited experience in one download. At $9.99 this means that early purchasers have got a bargain at $2.99!!!

We are commited to continue to add content to Astro Ranch (next update has a load of new mini-quests) and improve it as long as there is interest.

We are not in the business of trying to rip people off and I trust you will see that we've tried to make this difficult transision to a new way of doing things in the most fair and upfront manner possible.

If anyone is having any problems at all getting the update to recognise you've already paid for the game and unlocking the full content then please email us at astroranch@tag-games.com

Again sorry that this has caused such confusion... I hope this is now clear. Feel free to private message me personally if there are still concerns and I'll be happy to speak with you individually.

Thanks for your time
P

Latest: Funpark Friends
Coming soon: Car Jack Streets 2
Follow us and all our latest news on Twitter
04-23-2010, 03:35 AM
That's better!! Thanks for clarifying

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
04-23-2010, 03:50 AM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
I think, if the user can provide a PO from Apple to prove that they paid for the game, TAG need to send a code for upgrade.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
04-23-2010, 03:51 AM
Ok. Cleaned up the thread as there was no need for those posts anymore. Cant believe how quickly people jump to conclusions.
04-23-2010, 04:22 AM
I absolutely loved astro ranch and the only reason i initially stopped playing was that it just ran too slowly for me on my iphone 3G once my farm got big.

That said... i have got utterly bored of we rule already and have moved back to astro ranch.

While i do wish that the game was a little less resource hungry in terms of running smoothly on my phone, its a far superior game and much more satisfying to play.

GameCenter: dirtycat79
04-23-2010, 04:30 AM
I bought the full version a while ago when it first came out. It never left my phone. I just downloaded the 2.0 update and opened the game and tapped on the UPGRADE TO PREMIUM. There is a message on the screen that says "Downloading the latest offer please wait" but I have been waiting for about 45 minutes. The message is still there, so I'm not sure if its going through or what. Also, the first time I tried to upgrade to the premium and the screen auto shutoff it crashed the game and whatever download progress if there was any.

So basically I don't think the premium download is going through.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
04-23-2010, 05:29 AM
freedog your problem sounds about right - the links to the DLC are broken. This has been fixed but we are now waiting on Apple to review them. Hopefully wont be very long.

Given that you have already bought the game you should not need to click the upgrade link. You should find that if you start the game again now the link will be removed and the game will be unlocked fully as usual.

For everyone that already has the game and has got the new update you need to go into the game for about a minute. Come back out and start again and you should find premium is unlocked. This is a bit messy but will have it tied up in the update next week.

Phew!

Latest: Funpark Friends
Coming soon: Car Jack Streets 2
Follow us and all our latest news on Twitter
04-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Just tried but the link is still there so I take it the download never went through. Exited and restarted 3 times just now to make sure. Not sure what the problem is.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.