★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Origin8
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 15.5 MB
  • Version: 2.0.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: "...an incredibly addicting and challenging game... Space Station: Frontier is a well-rounded and well-designed game that's perfect for any strategy gaming fan. One word of warning: once you get sucked in, this game is very hard to put down."
cnet.com

"The game just looks, sounds, and plays like a well oiled extraterrestrial machine."
appsmile.com

"...easily justifies the iPad as a viable gaming platform. 5/5"
infoaddict.com

As overseer of a deep space mining operation you'd expect it to be a peaceful job. No such luck with a mysterious alien race violently contesting your claim to the territory!
Harvest precious energy, fortify your station, build up your firepower to defend humanity's domain on this new frontier!

FEATURES

Construct weaponry and mining tools using an intuitive tower defense style interface.

Design and power vast networks of structures, then defend them against alien incursion!

Earn upgrades and unlocks for your space station to increase its power and abilities!

Story-based campaign mode where you are humanity's last chance for survival.

Play one of three freeform, endless modes and compete with other players worldwide using the online leaderboards.

Mission mode provides quick tactical challenges. Beat a scenario to earn achievements!

Playable in portrait or landscape - at any time!

Interactive mini-map!

Multiplayer head-to-head! Play against another player on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad! Needs LAN WiFi or Bluetooth.

GameCenter integration provides online leader boards and lots of achievements to earn.

Awesome music & sound effects by Earcom.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

HD Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

04-23-2010, 05:15 AM
I was literally just writing up a post when I saw this thread pop up Here, have a banner:

Space Station looks and plays FANTASTICALLY on the iPad - let us know what you think! We've also got a head-to-head multiplayer mode coming soon on both platforms, which will be sweet.

FUTURE SENSE - A brain-bending Time Travel adventure OUT NOW!
SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+

04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I've been very surprised at the lack of iPad TD games. Happy to see a new one come out. Already own Sentinel 1 & 2 and bought DLC for one of them, can't wait to try this out.
04-23-2010, 06:05 PM
is Multiplayer head-to-head just split screen? So it is Multiplayer on one iPad?
04-23-2010, 08:58 PM
edit:

nm.. this isn't RTS.. just defense.. still looks neat, though.
04-23-2010, 10:14 PM
game is sick! just played it. got to lvl 3 and unlocked survival mode and lasted for 24 minutes on my first try... definetally see being able to last a long time if you get better upgrades
04-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Wicked cool game! Been having fun playing this game for hours now.
04-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Grabbed this game because of this thread and I love it. Thanks!
04-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod's rock View Post
is Multiplayer head-to-head just split screen? So it is Multiplayer on one iPad?
It's not set in stone yet, but we're looking at a mode where each player has a station on their own device (pad/pod/phone), and spends resources to sick attackers on their opponent's station. Should be sweet

Glad to hear everyone's enjoying the HD release. The extra screen real estate really makes a difference.

FUTURE SENSE - A brain-bending Time Travel adventure OUT NOW!
SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+
04-25-2010, 12:03 PM
I have this game on my iPhone and love it. Any plans on adding new weapons or upgrading the current ones? I love how each weapon is so specialized... Good for some units but useless for others.. It makes for a nice variety of towers.

However, I get to the point where the lazer towers are pretty useless and I'm just building missle and rail towers and selling all my lazers. It would be nice if a fully upgraded lazer tower was stronger not only in range but also in damage.