★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 201.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.9
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: Enter the beautiful and dangerous world of James Camerons Avatar. Go deeper into Pandora than you ever thought possible with HD graphics that bring the war between humans and Navi to life on your iPad.

*** "This game is one all action fans must own." - Slide to Play, 4/4
*** The graphics of Avatar are impressive, and show Gameloft's continued efforts to push the limits of the platform. Preview by TouchArcade
*** Gameloft put a lot of work into this game, pushing it past your typical movie license game. It shows that they care about what they're releasing, even for a phone game. Preview by Destructoid

THE STORY THAT CAME BEFORE
Embark on a new, original journey of redemption and discovery two decades prior to the films events. As the first experimental avatar, experience the amazing powers your new body bestows. But will you use those powers to save the Navi, or will you work with the humans to destroy their world?

DISCOVER PANDORA IN HD
Witness the magic of Pandora, from beautiful landscapes teeming with dangerous life forms to epic and explosive battles, all in highly-detailed HD graphics.

FROM PANDORA'S ROOTS TO THE SKY
Go on a journey of exploration, danger and adventure in an unimaginable world. Fight for survival in tense action sequences against ferocious beasts and carnivorous plants. When the battle reaches its height, take to the skies of Pandora on a banshee in epic shootem-up sequences.

OPTIMIZED CONTROLS FOR YOUR iPAD
Customize the games interface by rearranging buttons on your touch screen as you like.

DEFEND THE NAVI
Join the Navi in their native village. Help protect their world by joining their desperate struggle against the humans.

A WORLD FULL OF WONDER
Explore every aspect of Pandora, the world created by James Cameron. Discover 15 levels, from human-built mines and military strongholds to waterfalls and jungles alive with bioluminescence.

EVERY WEAPON AT YOUR DISPOSAL
Discover Navi fighting techniques. Train your precision as you master the bow and perform combos with your fighting staff. You can also master human weaponry including high-powered guns.

THE VOICE OF NEYTIRI
The film voice of Neytiri narrates the epic story

----------------------------------------------------

Become a fan of Gameloft on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gameloft
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/gameloft

Also available from Gameloft on iPad: N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Lets Golf, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, NFL 2010, Dungeon Hunter, UNO, Shrek Kart, Real Soccer 2010 & Asphalt 5.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
Enter the beautiful and dangerous world of James Cameron’s Avatar. Go deeper into Pandora than you ever thought possible with HD graphics that bring the war between humans and Na’vi to life on your iPad.

*** "This game is one all action fans must own." - Slide to Play, 4/4
*** “The graphics of Avatar are impressive, and show Gameloft's continued efforts to push the limits of the platform.” – Preview by TouchArcade
*** “Gameloft put a lot of work into this game, pushing it past your typical movie license game. It shows that they care about what they're releasing, even for a phone game.” – Preview by Destructoid

THE STORY THAT CAME BEFORE
Embark on a new, original journey of redemption and discovery two decades prior to the film’s events. As the first experimental avatar, experience the amazing powers your new body bestows. But will you use those powers to save the Na’vi, or will you work with the humans to destroy their world?

DISCOVER PANDORA IN HD
Witness the magic of Pandora, from beautiful landscapes teeming with dangerous life forms to epic and explosive battles, all in highly-detailed HD graphics.

FROM PANDORA'S ROOTS TO THE SKY
Go on a journey of exploration, danger and adventure in an unimaginable world. Fight for survival in tense action sequences against ferocious beasts and carnivorous plants. When the battle reaches its height, take to the skies of Pandora on a banshee in epic shoot‘em-up sequences.

OPTIMIZED CONTROLS FOR YOUR iPAD
Customize the game’s interface by rearranging buttons on your touch screen as you like.

DEFEND THE NA’VI
Join the Na’vi in their native village. Help protect their world by joining their desperate struggle against the humans.

A WORLD FULL OF WONDER
Explore every aspect of Pandora, the world created by James Cameron. Discover 15 levels, from human-built mines and military strongholds to waterfalls and jungles alive with bioluminescence.

EVERY WEAPON AT YOUR DISPOSAL
Discover Na’vi fighting techniques. Train your precision as you master the bow and perform combos with your fighting staff. You can also master human weaponry including high-powered guns.

THE VOICE OF NEYTIRI
The film voice of Neytiri narrates the epic story

----------------------------------------------------

Become a fan of Gameloft on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gameloft
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/gameloft
04-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Didn't they announce this today? Lol

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo

04-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I just finished this game on the iphone last night. Pretty good, though I wouldn't play through it again...once is enough for me, but good while it lasts.
04-23-2010, 06:20 PM
4:25 – iPad trailer for HD versions of ... Avatar

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 04-24-2010 at 05:25 PM.
04-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Has anyone played this and Dungeon Hunter on the iPad. I really liked the control and game style of DH and this seems similar. Is it?
04-24-2010, 01:46 PM
so is there a level select in this? hopefully they'll add it to the iPhone version...
04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocarina View Post
so is there a level select in this? hopefully they'll add it to the iPhone version...
a tip: gameloft only includes bug fixes and a more games section in updates
04-24-2010, 07:36 PM
If anyone has this, can they comment on framerate? I'm wondering about this in general, the 3GS has a much lower res screen to push pixels around on.

iPad 3G: The first personal computer.
04-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I picked it up and the framerate seems inconsistent. Parts will be smooth and others stutter, especially cut scenes.

Not bad, but not silky smooth. The other issue I have is with the machine gun fire, the sound seems to cut off or not actually make any at times.

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
04-25-2010, 01:22 AM
As much as i love gameloft games, it is becoming a problem for me that their games are not universal. I have an iphone and ipad now. I will hold off purchasing this game for sure. It doesn't make sense for me if it doesn't work on my iphone which is the device that is in my pocket all the time...

If this had been universal, i would've brought it in a heartbeat.