★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hand of Greed is an intense and remarkably unique adventure game that puts your reflexes, timing, and speed to the test in a magical, blade strewn gauntlet.

Avoiding everything from swinging guillotines to spiraling sawblades, you rack up wealth by grabbing ancient coins, valuable gems, and more!

Featured as one of Gizmodo's "BEST APPS OF THE WEEK"

Touch Arcade: "Each level is beautifully rendered, with the exceptionally crafted blades stealing the show.. It's a winning formula that is as simple as it is effective."

Slide To Play: "We think Hand of Greed is easily worth every penny of the $0.99 asking price."

Some reviews from real people on our Facebook page:
- "One of the most entertaining games that I have picked up since Doodle Jump!"
- "Most games are just ported arcade-style games, but this one uses the touch interface in a cool way. "
- "I found the game hard to put down. I almost peed my pants before I finally put it down."
- "Much more addictive than Doritos and diet Coke."

If you get cut, blood spills across the screen, so watch out! Load up on loot before your health or the sands of time run out.

Hand of Greed features progressively complicated blade combinations and settings that make up 50 distinct levels that span deserts, dungeons and jungle environments. You can rack up achievements, high scores, and vast coffers of wealth that can be compared via OpenFeint.

Feed the greed!

Key Features
50 intense levels of increasing difficulty
Experience 5 worlds including desert, dungeon and jungle environments
Complete achievements and compare scores via global leader boards
Wildly different blades, jewels, and power ups that change and evolve throughout the game

Geoffwb's comments:
First Impressions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottColbert View Post
Ok, I broke my own rule after seeing the last two videos and picked it up. I'll first say, this isn't the type of game I normally play or like, as my reflexes aren't what they were 15-20 years ago. The gameplay and music from the initial vid piqued my interest and I have to say I really enjoy it. The graphics are great, and I love how the screen goes red when touch a blade. It's challenging but not impossible-I never felt frustrated-of course I've only played a handful of levels, but I really am digging the game. No offense, but this is the perfect bathroom game.

Nice job! I'll also leave a review on iTunes as well.
Hey Guys!

Hand of Greed is out for iPhone(again)!

Savvy forum members will remember it's original release several months ago, but Appular has recently taken it on as our first publishing venture, and we've rereleased it with the promise of a bunch of incoming updates! (And perhaps an all new iPad version shhhhhhhh )

Let us know what you think!

Check out the video:

Here's a bit more info:

Enjoy!
04-23-2010, 09:50 PM
So no more updates for those who paid $2.99 or $.99 for the original? Thanks!

04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Different publisher, I doubt they could do it if they tried.

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
04-23-2010, 10:18 PM
My wife has been playing this nonstop for months. She even says 'ouch' when she gets cut. I'm sure we've gotten our money's worth, I can't remember what we paid for it. But I agree with GoiMot, it would be nice if there was someway we could update into the new game and get the updates. I guess we'll just enjoy what we have.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
04-23-2010, 10:33 PM
looking at the trailer, seems outstanding. (Y)
04-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Send a message via AIM to daniel@appular
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
I wish Apple would have allowed us to do that; but sadly, that's not the case. Sorry for the inconvenience, but be sure to check out our upcoming contest (woops, wasn't suppose to say that )

We'll be literally giving away thousands of prizes, what the prizes are is a secret for now.

For those having troubles and such, feel free to ask them here I'll be very active throughout the forums.
04-24-2010, 11:13 AM
The trailer is attractive, will try
04-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Sweet, let us know what your thoughts are on the game once you've tried it!

Apptly: Making Fantastic apps with <3 in Brooklyn. www.appt.ly
04-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Interesting concept. Very different to usual stuff. I'm vary wary though, can anyone TOFTT?
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGilo View Post
Interesting concept. Very different to usual stuff. I'm vary wary though, can anyone TOFTT?
Hey iGilo, thanks for your interest.

Here's what the game is all about: the blades are twirling, and you must try and collect the coins without tapping on the blades. The game gets more difficult as you level up, and there are more blades and more coins.

TOFTT impressions would be nice though

Apptly: Making Fantastic apps with <3 in Brooklyn. www.appt.ly