★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: TOP APP d.o.o.
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 26.9 MB
  • Version: 3.02
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: LUDO is the best way to spend quality time with your family!
It is a game you will fall in love with. You can play with up to 4 friends or robots if you are alone.

There are four themes available and realistic 3D dice.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

04-24-2010, 05:25 AM
- intuitive graphics interface
Oh, that's what crappy graphics is called now. :P
No offense please.

04-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by DJDJDJ View Post
Oh, that's what crappy graphics is called now. :P
No offense please.
Simple? Yes. Crappy? Dont think so. Probably not what I'd expect from a 4 bucks game, but for free, it sure looks like worth a try.
04-24-2010, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Probably not what I'd expect from a 4 bucks game, but for free, it sure looks like worth a try.
Exactly my point. How people can charge so much for this, is beyond me. For free it is passable i guess.
04-24-2010, 09:57 AM
What's your time worth?

Wow, I say again, wow.... To answer your question DJDJDJ,
The reason that developers charge money for apps like these is because they happen to take an enormous amount of time to make! What the "player" never sees is the months and months that go into development. On the graphics end, everything you see, everything you interact with, every special effect, every button "state", has to be designed pixel by pixel. From the programming end, it all has to work! Coders spend countless hours creating code just to make the graphics do what they are supposed to. Creating human-like AI is a whole other level of brilliance very few coders even know how to do. Most of the code itself doesn't exist and needs to be invented for each application. Meanwhile, non of these developers are getting paid for any of their time! Most people don't find it favorable to go to work for 6 months for free! All developers for the iPhone can do is hope that people buy their app. It is a small miracle if a development team breaks even and recoups the money and time invested.

To this apps developer, hang in there! Someone understands your pain.
Mitsu1 out
04-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Forget the graphics for a moment (unless you're real young, in which case you're forgiven), but this is based on a few well known games that are a blast to play with four players. What should the developer do, put some detailed Call of Duty characters on the board and perhaps that will make you feel better?
04-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Looks like an old board game I used to play called "sorry!".

Last edited by cranker; 04-24-2010 at 09:48 PM.
04-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Looks like an old boards game I used to play called "sorry!".
Agreed. I thought it looked like trouble or sorry.
04-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I'd say good graphics along with subtle sounds. Controls are well designed. AI is good enough. It'd be nice to see statistics.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-24-2010, 10:23 PM
As long as the AI is no push-over