★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: [$0.99 ON SALE THIS WEEKEND] AFRO AFRO AFRO -We Are Jewels

04-24-2010, 06:12 AM
[$0.99 ON SALE THIS WEEKEND] AFRO AFRO AFRO -We Are Jewels

This game is no longer available on App Store.

Last edited by toropot; 09-28-2011 at 03:57 AM.
04-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Call me crazy, but...........

Call me crazy, but I like a game that is PROGRESSIVELY harder. This game goes from 0 - 60 before you're even in Level 2! I mean, you're barely outta Level 1 and BANG!, stuff is falling faster than can be managed. Fix that and the game is a 5 Star.

04-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey, please calm down.

It could still be under control even over LEVEL 99.

I've some TRICKY CONTROL methods to tell you.
  1. Arrange them in SLOPE TYPE will caused more chain reaction of mathing.
  2. You can interchange the NEXT 3 (show on right-top) before it drop down, then you could decide what it will show up to the board.
  3. You can decide where the NEXT 3 to put before it drop down just via TAP the TARGET COLUMN, then it will directly show up on the top of that COLUMN you don't need to move it any more but interchange AFROs' arrangement. (Be Careful, this action must do it after the PREVIOUS ONES is STICKY, or while MATCHED AFROs are busy for moving out.

If you can control these TRICKs well, Score Up 3,000,000 is not so difficult!

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark5tar View Post
Call me crazy, but I like a game that is PROGRESSIVELY harder. This game goes from 0 - 60 before you're even in Level 2! I mean, you're barely outta Level 1 and BANG!, stuff is falling faster than can be managed. Fix that and the game is a 5 Star.

Last edited by toropot; 04-24-2010 at 01:21 PM.
04-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey, I've recorded a gameplay video of LEVEL 31 for you and other user:

Quote:
04-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
I am curious, what kind of device do you have?
04-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Hi, Just FYI, about cool down game speed issue, we will have it done in ver. 1.4 of UPDATE. (current uploaded ver is 1.3)

But, for some reason, this ver. 1.4 will be delayed until about 15th ~ 20th, May, 2010.
04-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Hi, I've Just Uploaded v 1.4 Update, hope you can play it ASAP.
05-01-2010, 10:44 AM
After watching the vid, I finally 'got' how to play the game. Before I could only get to level 3, now my best is at level 17. Apparently I still suck since demo is for level 31 but somehow I'm among top 5 in the leaderboards.

However, this shows the biggest problem of the game - no proper tutorial on how to play the game. In fact everything is so unclear and the video is your only teacher. Not to mention I still have many questions in mind:

1) What is the difference between full and non full mode?

2) When are the Hard and Insane modes unlocked?

3) Small dinos - random drops or any pattern?

You should also state somewhere that Big Dino appears every 6 levels and there's the UFO too, can't remember when it makes it's appearance.

I know many things you can figure out slowly while playing but the pace of the game speeds up so suddenly that it leaves you no time to chew on the info. You either let us fumble around discovering rules on our own in a comfortable pace or you lay out the rules clearly so we get get into the game at once. Right now it's neither and I can imagine most players frustrated because they don't see no demo vid. I suck at Tetris games and look at where I am in the leaderboards. I think that's clear indication that most players aren't getting the gameplay.

This game has the potential to be an addictive game. Plus it looks really cute. Just iron out all the little details that should be there in the first place.

Last edited by Squeaker; 05-01-2010 at 11:02 AM.
05-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
After watching the vid, I finally 'got' how to play the game. Before I could only get to level 3, now my best is at level 17. Apparently I still suck since demo is for level 31 but somehow I'm among top 5 in the leaderboards.
Yes, I see you on the top 3.

About the tutorial things there are help images within of UPDATE 1.4 (IN REVIEW, WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT MORE 1 WEEK LATER.), I've attached them here.

The main tip is "DECIDE BEFORE IT DROP".

Hope it can help players.

Quote:

However, this shows the biggest problem of the game - no proper tutorial on how to play the game. In fact everything is so unclear and the video is your only teacher. Not to mention I still have many questions in mind:

3) Small dinos - random drops or any pattern?

You should also state somewhere that Big Dino appears every 6 levels and there's the UFO too, can't remember when it makes it's appearance.
1) FULL MODE: Dino, UFO... will come up, NO FULL MODE: Just AFROians.

As I saw the Doodle Jump did not explain what are FULL / CLASSIC game modes, I consider that players will find out what's different. (BUT, I FOUND A BUG JUST NOW, THE SETTING OF FULL MODE DO NOT SAVED UNTIL GAME QUIT!! SO YOU FOLKS CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE IF YOU DON'T SET IT, QUIT, AND LAUNCH IT AGAIN. Sorry about that, it will be fixed in v1.4 )

2) I don't have design spec. in my current computer, but as I remember, HARD mode will be unlocked with 50,000 or accumulative 150,000, INSANE mode will be unlocked with 150,000 or accumulative 300,000.

3) Do you mean "Globefish Monster"? They drop randomly, go away if they touch the bottom of the board, or stay for a period of time. (More chains will Make them go away early.)

Quote:
I know many things you can figure out slowly while playing but the pace of the game speeds up so suddenly that it leaves you no time to chew on the info. You either let us fumble around discovering rules on our own in a comfortable pace or you lay out the rules clearly so we get get into the game at once. Right now it's neither and I can imagine most players frustrated because they don't see no demo vid. I suck at Tetris games and look at where I am in the leaderboards. I think that's clear indication that most players aren't getting the gameplay.

This game has the potential to be an addictive game. Plus it looks really cute. Just iron out all the little details that should be there in the first place.
Sorry about game speed, it will be fixed (cool down) in v1.4 update.

I've put the video link on the App Store description, maybe some new videoes will put into the game in the future update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0619.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	17716   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0620.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	17717   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	17718  

Last edited by toropot; 05-01-2010 at 12:08 PM.
05-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:

Hi, I have an update for you.

Please see the attachment.

This help page will be included in v1.4 Update. (I've reject older binary and re-uploaded a new one. )

These infos are correct:

HARD mode will be unlocked when score get up to 50,000 or accumulative 150,000.

INSANE mode will be unlocked when score get up to 200,000 or accumulative 500,000.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0626.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	17735