★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Frog Jig: an authentic jigsaw puzzle

04-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Frog Jig: an authentic jigsaw puzzle

Frog Jig

Frog Jig is $1.99 and includes three complimentary Nature themed puzzles with 27 more available in 9 sets of 3 available for $.99 each. Puzzle pieces act like real pieces might were they contained within your iPad. Pieces bounce, spin and flip until they come to rest at the bottom of the screen. Like real pieces they land randomly and even upside-down! When you move a piece from the pile into the work area they stick, but until stuck they are loose like a real pile of pieces. If you rotate your iPad the pile of pieces will fall to the new bottom. More puzzles are coming soon!
Click here to learn more about Frog Jig
Click here to purchase Frog Jig

DLdeveloper, Inc.
Frog Jig Nature photo jigsaw puzzle for iPad
Frog Slide Nature photo sliding puzzle
Meet Me Here Location sharing app
04-24-2010, 04:48 PM
This looks very nice--I especially like the option to change the number of puzzle pieces. As a potential purchaser, though, my concern would be that there are only 3 puzzles included, and that each additional "set" of 3 puzzles costs 99 cents.

I think you would have more sales if you do one of the following:
1. Include more puzzles with the initial purchase;
2. Make the app free with the 3 puzzles and charge for extra puzzles;
3. Have each additional "set" include a larger number of puzzles.
4. Charge more for the original app, and give people the ability to use all of their own pictures as the additional puzzles. (I like this option the best! )

You've created what looks like a nice puzzle app, but the pricing seems off. Just my opinion.
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM
gekkota - thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
1. Include more puzzles with the initial purchase;
The plan, at the moment, is to include one free sample set per photographer. With the next batch of photos there will be a second photographer and another three free photos.

Quote:
2. Make the app free with the 3 puzzles and charge for extra puzzles;
That was the original plan, but after a poor showing for the launch of a prior free+store app, the plan had to change.

Quote:
3. Have each additional "set" include a larger number of puzzles.
I actually believe that $.99 is a fair price for the sets, but I may be somewhat biased.

Quote:
4. Charge more for the original app, and give people the ability to use all of their own pictures as the additional puzzles. (I like this option the best! )
I can't imagine raising the price, it's much more likely that it would go on sale for half price instead.

DLdeveloper, Inc.
Frog Jig Nature photo jigsaw puzzle for iPad
Frog Slide Nature photo sliding puzzle
Meet Me Here Location sharing app