★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Enter the Jungle of GobbleGator. The Gators are looking for some tasty treats, and luckily there are ducks to eat!

Chomp down on as many critters as quickly as possible by tapping on your Gator's back.

** Features a lush realtime 3D environment

*** 3 MODES OF PLAY! ****
- Single player mode. Best time and Tiki River
- Challenge the Red Gator (computer opponent)
- Or play a friend Head to Head!

This is a PRO version GobbleGator. There are NO advertisements. Also, try the FREE version of GobbleGator!

******* Update #1 has hit !
- Top 3 Scoreboard for Solo Time.
- Top 3 Scoreboard for Player Vs Computer score.
- Now tracks the number of wins per player in Player vs Player mode and Player vs Computer mode.
- Improved Art.
- New Monkey!

******* Update #2 has hit !
-New Game Mode: Tiki River
-Larger Click-able area
-Graphic tweaks

Dont forget to rate!
Positive ratings help us progress the Game!

Randimonium's comments:
Fully 3D game, based on the boardgame Hungry Hungry Hippo. Fun for the whole family

04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
I like those graphics

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

04-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks. The iPad version has even better (by far) graphics than this one. Plus it will have 4 players with FFA and Team modes. That should be in the store in 1 or 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
I like those graphics
04-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Game Impressions

I took one of the 12 codes (Y97TRYHM6746) from the promo code thread. Thanks! My daughter is really enjoying this game. It is very similar to the board game Hungry Hungry Hippo. The graphics are really well done especially the water effects. Easy for a kid to play- just tap on the left side of the gator to chomp left, right for right, and the middle of the gator to chomp in the middle of the water. There are 3 different modes- solo, player vs player (on the same device), and player vs computer. This game is a big hit with my daughter! Very cute! Really nice game for kids. Leaving a review on iTunes now.

Beta Tested- NYZ2, ZombieSmash HD (iPad), Bug Heroes, Earth vs Moon, Underworlds, Push Panic, N.Y. Zombies, iPharoah, Rocket Monkey Warped, uBoot, Flight Deck, Plushed, Black Matter, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, Crunchy Planets, StickBound, NovaRift, Giant Moto, Crazy Test, Fling Cube,,...
04-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I just tried playing this with a friend...a good rendition of Hungry Hungry Hippo without having any marbles to lose. Easy to use controls, just press, left-right-middle on your side of the screen to send your gator's head out to eat rubber duckies. I wish the head would shoot out a little more often than it does, because of course both of us were tapping wildly like maniacs .

There are 2 other modes, a single player mode where you just catch all the duckies as quickly as a you can and a versus the computer mode for when you don't have anyone else to play with.

I think it would be really cool for this game to have statistics like # of games won, # played, how many games have been won by each gator, duckies collected. Also, I think it would be cool if on 2 player mode you could specify a "best of 3" or "best of 5" and the game would automatically run a series of matches and then let everyone know who was the winner...have a "Golden Gator" trophy shown next to the winner of match. You could also have a game based on time where the players specifiy a time limit and the game just keep feeding in new duckies constantly and the winner is the person with the most duckies when the time runs out.

Definitely recommended if you have fond memories of Hungry Hungry Hippo.

(adding review to itunes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Nice pix, fresh and cute! Absolutely gonna try this game~
04-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Love the graphics!
Fun to play around with when I have a few min to kill.
My 5 year old likes it a lot too.
05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
GobbleGator Gold is climbing the chart. Thank you to everyone who has downloaded it.

05-13-2010, 05:14 PM
2.0 update is out:

What's new
Top 3 Scoreboard for Solo Time.
Top 3 Scoreboard for Player Vs Computer score.
Now tracks the number of wins per player in Player vs Player mode and Player vs Computer mode.
Improved Art.
New Tiki!
New Monkey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.