★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Galaxy on Fire 2 getting ready to shoot Warpgate out of the water?

04-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Galaxy on Fire 2 getting ready to shoot Warpgate out of the water?

http://toucharcade.com/2010/04/14/a-...hone-and-ipad/

This game looks way better than Warpgate. The texturing is waay better.

The combat should be amazing as well, if they take anything from their first game.

THe other thing that bugs me in Warpgate is if you pass a ship you always just fly over it, i mean its outer space, why is everyone on the same single dimension? This looks way more realistic, with ships all around rather than on one 'gameboard'.

Last edited by acidshaman; 04-24-2010 at 03:26 PM.
04-25-2010, 12:53 AM
No one has a comment?

Im going to say it will.

04-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Not to fan the flame but...

Every game is always soooo great until it comes out. Not to say galaxy on fire 2 won't be ok, but warpgate is amazing in it's own right, and I would bet you will more than likely 1.) still wait for someone to "TOFTT" before buying and 2.) (which I guarantee) you will have n number of complaints and trash to all about it within two days of purchacing it..

Enjoy what you have while you have it, why start a flamefest thread?

Ps not disrespecting you by the way , just see everyone always talking about how great games are before they come out and those are generally the same people who fall into the same two rules which I stated above.

My two cents..
04-25-2010, 02:20 AM
eh, I agree with what you said, but I was just wondering if anyone else thinks the same?

I mean from combat, to texturing, to environment, to the fact that Warpgate is played on a 'gameboard' type of environment.

I cant really say much more w/o cut+copy my OP.

I got Warpgate HD and regular Warpgate, but now I don't even feel like playing it because i see it being deleted when GoF 2 comes out
04-25-2010, 04:53 AM
Sure the game looks sweet, graphically it might have no problems surpassing Warpgate, but after the way the creators handled GoF1, I just can't imagine how they will be able to surpass Warpgate. I really hope I'm wrong because the gameplay on the first one is stellar and it was really close to being epic. I hope I'm wrong but unless they come up with some groundbreaking element, I think warpgate will take the prize.

Plus, Open Feint and Crystal ID:themendoz
Please feel free to add me, the more the merrier!
04-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
The combat should be amazing as well, if they take anything from their first game.
Warpgate and Galaxy on Fire both take place in Space, ok. But the similarities end there.

WG was not intended to be a combat sim and the gameboard-GFX style Space travel
in WG just suits the trading needs in a more exciting way than a calculation-chartboard.

I reluctantly realised that and did NOT buy WP.

For the GFX GOF2 will have a hard time surpassing WP, since it is merely 2.5D,
while GOF is full 3D, so there is a lot more calculation going on in GOF Space,
that WP can put into eye candy.

Time will tell.

So I agree with acidshaman for sure that GOF(2) rules.
But I find the comparison a little bit odd

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -
04-25-2010, 06:02 AM
Yeah, that's what I was coming here to say. They're both entirely different games...one is all about the flight combat and the other is mostly about space mining, siding with factions, trading, etc...and light on the combat which is very different. Can't really compare the 2 games and say one is going to be better. Its like saying Real Racing HD is going to blow Warpgate out of the water.
04-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
Its like saying Real Racing HD is going to blow Warpgate out of the water.
My thoughts exactly. Well, almost.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
04-25-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm starting to feel like warpgate is just an errand running simulation. Most of the time it just seems like I'm flying from one place to the other.I'm like an outer space UPS man It got old pretty quick for me. Personally I think GOF2 will be much more engaging. I already like GOF1 more than warpgate.
04-25-2010, 07:11 AM
@mrwhite
you'd be right. it is an errand running simulation, that's the whole point of the game! sure, i understand your dislkie of this kind of gameplay, but loads love it!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.