★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Spo vs Tri (Skyfighters)

02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Spo vs Tri (Skyfighters)

Its like Red Baron i think.
http://appshopper.com/games/sop-vs-tri
Same developer made pretty fun Skyfighters game with online play and custom missions.
http://donsgames.com/

Have not tried it yet (too pricey and no video for iphone).
02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
So nobody interested or nobody brave enough ? It could be more fun than biplane.

02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
no. Biplane!

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-17-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm brave! just not interested. and very very tired. and lost my touch. and haven't gotten my new one yet. and... oh god.
02-18-2009, 08:51 AM
ok, i bought it and played the first mission.

You start flying with an airstrip below you and your task is to land on it and take off again. Then you do the final landing and the mission is over.

I hope there is more to do in the later missions than that.

But the graphics are quite nice so far....there are buildings on the airstrip and some little vehicles driving around. There are hills and no obvious boundaries.

Unfortunately there is no way to calibrate the accelerometer, which should be standard in all apps. That spoils the fun a bit.
02-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumulus View Post
ok, i bought it and played the first mission.

You start flying with an airstrip below you and your task is to land on it and take off again. Then you do the final landing and the mission is over.

I hope there is more to do in the later missions than that.

But the graphics are quite nice so far....there are buildings on the airstrip and some little vehicles driving around. There are hills and no obvious boundaries.

Unfortunately there is no way to calibrate the accelerometer, which should be standard in all apps. That spoils the fun a bit.
I agree whole-heartedly about the whole calibration thing. Not to detract from this game any, but a good example of implementation is Biplane by gGame Resort.

Kumulus, please let us know more when you've had time to play.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-24-2009, 04:05 PM
No new impressions?

Strange developer. Mac version is good and costs 30$ but it has 20 mission, mission editor and online. Iphone version has only 5 missions and costs 8$...