★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Redikod
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.3 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Ragnarok is upon you, and you must use your rune-magic to summon and upgrade warriors in order to defend Asgard from the oncoming doom.

A fast-paced strategy puzzler with defensive elements, set in the universe of norse mythology. You must tap and drag your way through various rune-spells and summon vikings.

Ancient magical weapons and armor are scattered here and there throughout the battlefield. By collecting them in certain combinations, you might unlock hidden powers, or even be granted the gods' favor. What kind of combinations that give upgrades is up to you to discover, but hear this; something amazing might happen if you collect 8 pieces of magical artifacts at once!

* MATCH RUNES - tap out rune combinations on the board and combine them with your finger, to start huge cascading effects. Catch ancient artifacts in the cascades to upgrade your vikings.

* EPIC STRATEGY PUZZLER - help the gods survive Ragnarok!

* HORRIFYING ENEMIES - fight the legendary Fenrir, terrible giants and Thor's bane Jörmungandr.

* FANTASTIC UPGRADES - upgrade your vikings through ancient artifacts left by the gods!

* STRATEGY OR FAST-PACED ACTION - you choose how to play; fast and furious, or slow and planning, both roads can lead to your survival.

Can you survive Ragnarok?

Devilishly Good's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-24-2010, 06:42 PM
This looks interesting...

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey

04-24-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm normally interested in games like this one but:

No video.
No lite.
No dev track record.
No indication of what actual gameplay is like in the description.
Average/uninspired graphics.

What exactly is supposed to sell this game to me?
04-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Developer here

Hey,

This is the developer of RuneRun, or actually the single person that made it. I work for a smaller consuling firm in Malmö, Sweden, and (as a bonus, of sorts) was allowed a very small budget ($500) and 5 days to create a game from a game idea I've had for a long time. The result was RuneRun. It has been a fun ride, and even if I would have done some things differently (and gotten better art) if the budget was larger, I'm still very pleased with the end result.

I want to thank Gabrien for his feedback. I've immediately changed the information page on the iTunes store to include a bit more descriptive gameplay info. In case it hasn't been updated yet (it might take a while) I'll post a quick cap here:

You match rune combinations by tapping them on the rune board. When you've matches the runes shown at the top of the board, you can initiate a cascade effect by dragging your finger over your runes. All runes you've combined, and all adjacent runes of the same color, will explode and spawn vikings for you, which will fight the monster at the bottom of the screen. If the monster reaches Asgard, it's over.

The game's depth comes from actually upgrading your vikings, by planning your moves very carefully and saving ancient artifacts. By combining 3 or more of these, you might get upgrades (check redikod.com/runerun for full list) which will help you get longer and longer into Ragnarok.

Also, I want to make another note. It came to my attention that there were sound problems on some iPhones, so I just uploaded a new binary to iTunes that fixes the bug. Hopefully it'll be up in a few hours.

Anyway, if anyone else has any feedback (or problems!) I'd be happy to hear them!

EDIT:
Noticed that it's allowed to give you guys some promo codes, so just send me a PM (or email) and I'll try to give you a promo code.

Last edited by redikod; 04-26-2010 at 02:27 AM.
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM
I've sent you a PM

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I've sent you a PM
And you should have your code now.
04-26-2010, 02:54 AM
I sent you a pm as well. Looks like a fun game. I am ready to play
04-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylescorpion View Post
I sent you a pm as well. Looks like a fun game. I am ready to play
Me too can't wait!
04-26-2010, 03:02 AM
Phew, codes are going fast. Of all the ones I generated, only 1 remains now. I might generate more though, depending on how many codes I need to keep for internal use, etc etc.

EDIT: Aaaaaand all the codes are gone now. It's nice to see some interest, grats to all of you who got a code, I hope you enjoy the game. I might generate more codes tomorrow, if I have any to spare.

Last edited by redikod; 04-26-2010 at 03:05 AM.
04-26-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redikod View Post
Phew, codes are going fast. Of all the ones I generated, only 1 remains now. I might generate more though, depending on how many codes I need to keep for internal use, etc etc.

Hehe, you called for it.
Offering promo codes here is like showing a banana to a pack of apes...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.