★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: KOKOTON
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 19.0 MB
  • Version: 1.06
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: Introduction
Welcome to TonTon World! (Available for the iPhone and the iPod Touch) First in the TonTon Series is TonTon Knights! You're a member of the TonTon Knights and you'll partake in various missions as Commanding Officer.

The Goblins are causing a raucous in the once peaceful TonTon World! Please save us from these no-good Goblins. As TonTon World's most honorable Knight, lead your fellow TonTon Knights and quell the chaos and commotion caused by these Goblins.

- A strategy game with easy-to-use controls
- Cute and clean characters and backgrounds
- A total of 10 different classes, each with various abilities
- Lots of cool items for the commanding officer to help you complete your missions
- An trophy award system that makes victory taste that much more sweeter!

Gameplay Tips
TonTonWorld has two kinds of inhabitants; those who are standing still, and the others who charge forward. It wont be easy to control TonTon Knights, as they obviously love to do the latter! Understand different traits of the Goblins that appear in each mission, and choose wisely to train the best team of TonTon Knights to combat them. If you dont, the Goblins are going to kick you-know-where, and they wont be so gentle!

-Swordsman : Your standard unit for melee combat - well priced and with strong attack power to kick butts!
-Double Swordsman : A bit weaker in HP than the standard fencers, but with two swords, they slash twice as fierce!
-Defender : Protects your team from splash damage, but is weak against enforcers.
-Archer: Shoots arrows from the rear, but cant do any close range attacks, so watch out!
-Crossbowman : A long-distance attacker just like an archer; his crossbow comes with an increased accuracy!
-Lancer: Deals splash damage to a group of enemies, but this doesnt work against defenders!
-Hammer man: May seem a bit pricey, but can dole out lots of damage to defenders and buildings with his blunt weapon.
-Miner: Steals money from enemy soldiers.
-Pyrotechnician: Can cook Goblins alive with fire; supplies archers with flaming arrows.

CO (Commanding Officer) Skills
Pull the baton icon at the bottom left corner to activate. Only a great leader would know when and where to use it for best results!.

Getting Gold Coins
Gold coins are the primary resources to be spent on battlefields. Touch the coins to collect them! Feel free to use more than one finger!

Devilishly Good's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Looks like it might be cool. Am wondering why the second vid is sideways!

04-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Looks like it might be cool. Am wondering why the second vid is sideways!
yeah, I was wondering that myself

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-25-2010, 11:15 PM
The art direction reminds me of the 2D turn-based flash game EA put out to promote Dragon Age: Origins.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
04-26-2010, 07:28 AM
The gameplay looks similar to Patapon.

04-26-2010, 01:52 PM
I watched the third video and decided to try it out as it looks polished and fun. Plus I really enjoyed patapon for the PSP.

04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Pause buttons are a feature now?

The game does look cool though.
04-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
and decided to try it out

Heck... darn Seishu acts most time one step in advance of me...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Cool, will wait on impressions as this looks great!

Just wish (in light of all the Patapon comparisons) there was a drum beat or some kind of tapping to support you army.

Also how is/is there music, the video had a song playing in the background.

EDIT: Never mind, only supports 3.1.3....

Last edited by zztfox; 04-26-2010 at 02:20 PM.
04-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by zztfox View Post
EDIT: Never mind, only supports 3.1.3....
I just saw that too, now I can't buy it