★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SciFly II SpecialFX Update

02-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Send a message via AIM to jshmrsn
SciFly II SpecialFX Update

Hi everyone,
I wasn't planning on continuously giving updates for SciFly II until a lot closer to release time... But, some times I just can't help myself

After several days of work on the special FX for the after-burner system, I finally made a breakthrough! I would love to share a screen shot of the new system to see what you think. Please drop some feedback!

As always, everyone is welcome to follow us on Twitter

And now on with the show!

-Josh Rosen
LicentiaSoftware
02-17-2009, 06:53 AM
OMG! looks great!
nice work!

02-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks
02-17-2009, 09:44 AM
wait a second, you are releasing ANOTHER Scifly??? So the people who bought the other one won't get any updates even though thats what they paid for???

Clarify for me please.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
02-17-2009, 09:44 AM
looks alot better than SciFly 1. I only tried the lite version thow.
02-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
wait a second, you are releasing ANOTHER Scifly??? So the people who bought the other one won't get any updates even though thats what they paid for???

Clarify for me please.
I really want an explanation cause I feel like if this was any other dev he would get flamed by everyone here, and that's just not fair

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
02-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Quote:

Clarify for me please.
Firstly, please see this post.

Although I regrettably haven't added new ships to SciFly 1 yet, the difference between 1.0 and 1.4 are pretty massive. There's a completely new interface, better sound (including music), better targeting system, and much better controls, etc.. The main reason I haven't been able to add even more content (like aircraft etc.) is because there were a lot of bugs that I did not expect at all. As of 1.4, these are mostly fixed, but it took a lot of time to get to that point.

Currently I am about 1/2 of the way done creating a flame-thrower ship called the Torch... I certainly hope to release it soon, but the potential for creativity and exploration in SciFly II development is *VASTLY* greater than just adding a new weapon/ship to SciFly 1.

I am hiring 2 developers for SciFly II using most of the income from SciFly 1, but until they begin work I am the only developer on the SciFly series. It is difficult to work on two projects at the same time with only 1 developer.
Please see: [URL="Although I regrettably haven't added new ships to SciFly 1 yet, the difference between 1.0 and 1.4 are pretty massive. There's a completely new interface, better sound (including music), better targeting system, and much better controls, etc.. The main reason I haven't been able to add even more content (like aircraft etc.) is because there were a lot of bugs that I did not expect at all. As of 1.4, these are mostly fixed, but it took a lot of time to get to that point. Currently I am about 1/2 of the way done creating a flame-thrower ship called the Torch... I certainly hope to release it soon, but the potential for creativity and exploration in SciFly II development is *VASTLY* greater than just adding a new weapon/ship to SciFly 1. I am hiring 2 developers for SciFly II using most of the income from SciFly 1, but until they begin work I am the only developer on the SciFly series. It is difficult to work on two projects at the same time with only 1 developer.

[EDIT: I noticed the text got scrambled on the third paragraph for some reason... to tired to fix it though haha...]

-Josh Rosen

Last edited by jshmrsn; 02-17-2009 at 10:21 AM.
02-17-2009, 10:08 AM
EDIT: Took a look at the post, but from what you are saying Scifly II is just Scifly I but cooler. Any SIGNIFICANT new things or is gameplay basically the same?

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...

Last edited by pablo19; 02-17-2009 at 10:10 AM.
02-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Quote:
EDIT: Took a look at the post, but from what you are saying Scifly II is just Scifly I but cooler. Any SIGNIFICANT new things or is gameplay basically the same?

Please look here: http://toucharcade.com/2009/02/09/sc...ha-demo-video/

That's an old version of SciFly 2 i think...
02-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Please look here: http://toucharcade.com/2009/02/09/sc...ha-demo-video/

That's an old version of SciFly 2 i think...
kay, thanks that def, looks worth more than what I payed for scifly so WE're cool

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...