★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take the role of one of the German pilots in 1914. By accomplishing missions and upgrading planes players help the character with his career and finally become one of the World War I ace The Red Baron.

World War I plane combat action game.
Multiple types of enemies with different behavior.
Leveling up system with additional weapons and boosts.
Several power-ups to change the player shooting style.
Cumulating and tap activated power-ups.
Additional skins for the players plane.
Beautiful hand made levels.
Boss levels.
Shop with additional armor, weapons, and many other things to increase the fun.
Many achievements.
Super weapons with combo mechanics.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

04-27-2010, 02:44 AM
nice graphics but seems to be a little slow.anyone bought this and gives us short impressions?
04-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I desided to TOFTT because the graphics lookEd awesome in the video and I love shmups.
The graphics indeed look amazing! I would go as far as to say that the graphics look as good if not better than Sky Smash. You can fly around the screen using tilt control and also do rolls and loops using swipes. Rolling your plane allows you to smash into enemy planes. There is no collision otherwise. You can upgrade your plane between missions. Even if you fail the mission you can still earn money for shooting other airplanes and can then spend it on armour, normal weapon and special weapon. You get 1 life per mission, so if you get shot down it's game over. The game doesn't feel slow at all. There is a swtch that can slow down time, but otherwise it's sufficiently fast paced. I found the tilt control to be not as responsive as I'd like, but it may be something I need to get used to. Still, I wish the devs included touch control. I understand that they wanted to use touch controls for rolls and loops, but it is still my preferred method for playing shmups. Overall, so far, I really like the game. Hopefully the devs can chime in and join us here.
04-30-2010, 06:22 PM
I am really surprised that this game is not getting any attention. I thought all the shmup fans would be all over it. I finished it now and have to say, its excellent. There are some things that I'd add or change, but even now this game is worth having a look at.