★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Over the HYPE

02-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Over the HYPE

Hi
Just passing on a thank you to APPLE for letting the apps store become a flea market. When I first got the iTouch I was amazed and got caught up in getting all the apps I could afford. Well now after a few months of getting the odd good program and a bunch of stuff that I don't use anymore ( my fault for not looking at the reviews closer ) I've changed my viewing to once a week and even then won't buy anything unless there's lite version to try first. I'm probably missing out on some great (NOT ) stuff but I'm saving a lot of $$ now.
02-17-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure Apple read these forums....
If you read these forums then all your future purchases will be good ones. I have only bought one crappy game out of many since I joined the forums!

02-17-2009, 08:19 AM
then why did you just join toucharcade
02-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Its not our fault u boughy bad apps, its your fault. Yea I couldnt stand the rolando hype cause the game looked bad, but i didnt give in.

Last edited by yourofl10; 02-17-2009 at 12:06 PM.
02-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
Its not our fault u boughy bad apps, its your fault. Yea I couldnt stand the rolando hype cause the game looked bad, but i didnt give in.
ya i caved into that one when it went on sale, stupid idea rolando is over rated i havent played it since the day i got it....

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 02-17-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: changed offensive word in the quote
02-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
If you read these forums then all your future purchases will be good ones.
that is false

sometimes these forums overhype apps, and just because these forums say its great, you still are let down,

so, the rules are

dont buy by impulse
dont buy by hype (what reviews and others are saying)
try the lite version if applicable
you'll still get burned occasionally, but there are some good apps out there, maybe 100/15,000
but its still better to have the appstore than to not have it
02-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh come on.

If this was like the DS, then there would be no fieldrunners, 7cities, rolando, creeps, up there, pocket god, blue defense, blue attack. The list goes on on an on. The truth is if it wasn't a flea market the appstore would die, and the idevices would die as a gaming platform. Why you ask? Cause it would be no different then the DS or PSP. Less games coming out and ONLY from big developers. Look at the big devs now. Spore, guitar rock tour, motochaser, Cro mag rally. If there was no indie devs, sure it would be more organized but the gaming would suck.
Ipotch needs indies to survive
And the indies need ipotchs
Apple needs indies if they want to take it seriously
02-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
that is false

sometimes these forums overhype apps, and just because these forums say its great, you still are let down,

so, the rules are

dont buy by impulse
dont buy by hype (what reviews and others are saying)
try the lite version if applicable
you'll still get burned occasionally, but there are some good apps out there, maybe 100/15,000
but its still better to have the appstore than to not have it
so...... Who do we ask if we can't buy by reviews and what other people say?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
02-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
Oh come on.

If this was like the DS, then there would be no fieldrunners, 7cities, rolando, creeps, up there, pocket god, blue defense, blue attack. The list goes on on an on. The truth is if it wasn't a flea market the appstore would die, and the idevices would die as a gaming platform. Why you ask? Cause it would be no different then the DS or PSP. Less games coming out and ONLY from big developers. Look at the big devs now. Spore, guitar rock tour, motochaser, Cro mag rally. If there was no indie devs, sure it would be more organized but the gaming would suck.
Ipotch needs indies to survive
And the indies need ipotchs
Apple needs indies if they want to take it seriously
I think the OP is a rather elaborate troll all of his posts have been about hating apple and the app store. We don't like trolls here.
02-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
I think the OP is a rather elaborate troll all of his posts have been about hating apple and the app store. We don't like trolls here.
what does OP mean? sorry

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago