★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: MiniTURN is an addictive puzzle game based on the original TURN gameplay but with easier levels.
Play as Kurt or Camila and travel through the levels, using your brain (and your fingers) to escape from each room.
The trick here is that you can, and will have to, rotate the room. And guess what? Everything in the room is subjected to gravity and falls. Watch your head!
MiniTURN is a completely reworked version of TURN Episode 1 with more balanced and lower difficulty level and refined arts. It is much more accessible to non-hardcore puzzle gamers and will satisfy a wider audience.
Should you find MiniTURN too easy, give a try at its elder brother, TURN Episode 1!
04-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Looks incredibly similar to YNTH... The Engrish in the description doesn't lend it much credence either...

04-26-2010, 10:50 PM
This is actually a mini version of TURN Episode 1: The Lost Artefact, kinda like the relationship between Crystal Cave Classic and Crystal Cave: Lost Treasures.
04-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Is anyone confused, or is it just me? It would appear that Creative Patterns have a very similar game Turn Episode 1 and now I'm wondering, have they abandoned adding any more to this, i.e. Episode 2, and instead just released the second part as another game? Will they be updating the original (and more expensive) game?

Hoping the developer can pop in and clear this up...
04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Why don't foreign developers get a native english speaker to write their descriptions? That's just silly. Even the Japanese are laughing at that one!

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
04-26-2010, 11:01 PM
David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.
X-Files.
Anyone agree that there's a striking similarity there?

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
04-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Is anyone confused, or is it just me? It would appear that Creative Patterns have a very similar game Turn Episode 1 and now I'm wondering, have they abandoned adding any more to this, i.e. Episode 2, and instead just released the second part as another game? Will they be updating the original (and more expensive) game?

Hoping the developer can pop in and clear this up...
yeah I'm confused too, and nothing in the description indicates if its any different than Turn Episode 1. So either its the same game minus a few levels to make it cheaper in price or its some new levels as a sequel. But it looks identical to the first game.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
04-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Why don't foreign developers get a native english speaker to write their descriptions?
Well, with a community like the (excellent) one at touchArcade, there's really no excuse not to find someone willing to at least help partially localize a native script. But other than that, most indie App Store devs probably can't afford (professional) localization services. That's a good question Cyg, and while there are definitely answers for it, I'm not sure why the majority of, say, Korean RPGs suffer from grammatical/punctuation errors when there are affordable or maybe free ways around it.

Game Center: g-b0y_fr3sh OpenFeint: g-b0y_fr3sh
Twitter: h1dd3n_m0nk
04-27-2010, 03:54 AM
Hi!

My name is Elisιe Maurer, I'm the part of the team that develops TURN at Creative Patterns.

Sorry for the description, we messed up with this. It has not been properly proof-read and it's going to be updated very soon.

MiniTURN is a reworked version of TURN Episode 1 with more balanced level difficulty and streamlined visuals. Overall it should be much more accessible to non-hardcore puzzle gamers. The first version of TURN was particularly challenging but also frustrating for many people. MiniTURN is our attempt at fixing TURN's flaw and hopefully make it accessible to a wider audience.

You can read more about the tougher version of TURN here on TouchArcade - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=28565 . While releasing MiniTURN, we've also updated TURN Episode 1 to get rid of the most difficult rooms.

As far as TURN Episode 2 is concerned, we'll be watching closely how MiniTURN is received by you guys and decide what to do next. Hopefully we won't have to delay its release for too long. There are a lot of cool new mechanics in TURN Episode 2 that we can't wait for you to try.

Thanks for your interest, we hope you like it!
04-27-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisee View Post
Hi!

My name is Elisιe Maurer, I'm the part of the team that develops TURN at Creative Patterns.

Sorry for the description, we messed up with this. It has not been properly proof-read and it's going to be updated very soon.

MiniTURN is a reworked version of TURN Episode 1 with more balanced level difficulty and streamlined visuals. Overall it should be much more accessible to non-hardcore puzzle gamers. The first version of TURN was particularly challenging but also frustrating for many people. MiniTURN is our attempt at fixing TURN's flaw and hopefully make it accessible to a wider audience.

You can read more about the tougher version of TURN here on TouchArcade - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=28565 . While releasing MiniTURN, we've also updated TURN Episode 1 to get rid of the most difficult rooms.

As far as TURN Episode 2 is concerned, we'll be watching closely how MiniTURN is received by you guys and decide what to do next. Hopefully we won't have to delay its release for too long. There are a lot of cool new mechanics in TURN Episode 2 that we can't wait for you to try.

Thanks for your interest, we hope you like it!
Nice to see you here, Elisee :-)

Okay, so potentially, TURN Episode 2 will be a free update to Episode 1, or via some other method such as DLC?