★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New! Omar Sharif Bridge - officially licensed - now available for iPhone

02-17-2009, 10:34 AM
New! Omar Sharif Bridge - officially licensed - now available for iPhone

Omar Sharif Bridge -- App Store Link -- out now!

Omar Sharif Bridge could be the perfect game. Its ease of play marks it out as a firm favourite for casual gamers, whilst the huge depth of strategy and vast intricacies involved allow it to be a game that can be studied by the most serious card student.

Bridge is played by four players who form two partnerships. Players within a partnership face each other across the bridge table. Traditionally, the players are referred to by the points of the compass - North, East, South and West. The two partnerships are North/South and East/West. Games are played to the best of three. The winner is said to have won the "rubber". A game ends when one partnership scores 100 or more points below the line.

Featuring ACOL and Standard American bidding systems, Omar Sharif Bridge will challenge the most proficient player yet still allow the beginner to develop their game. Fantastic graphics and a strong and respected bridge engine allows players to become involved, stimulated and challenged with every deal.

Game features:
* Endorsed by Omar Sharif.
* High quality artificial intelligence engine from renowned Bridge expert.
* Supports ACOL and Standard American bidding systems.
* Supports 5 card majors, strong 2 clubs, weak 1NT, Jacoby Transfers and 2NT 11-12 points conventions.
* Extensive score card information.
* Uses the Rubber scoring system.
* Extensive display and card play options.
* Auto bidding.
* Auto card play.
* Hints
* Full undo and redo of bids and cards played.
* Omar Sharif Bridge is just one of our large collection of best of breed classic board, card and puzzle games available for a wide range of platforms.

Follow Chillingo on Twitter for news of upcoming releases, promotions, updates and more. Developing for iPhone? Contact us to find out how Chillingo can maximise sales.
02-17-2009, 10:38 AM
for anybody wondering it's 4.99$

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

02-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Finally, a bridge game on iPhone. BUT! The series is not well known for its engine strength. So the price is a little bit stiff. Have not tried it yet, anyone care for a review?
02-17-2009, 06:33 PM
The computer version was not very good. But I would really like a bridge game, I'll have to think about this.

Edit: I bought it, it's still pretty weak. The cards are legible and it can play a few conventions (weak NT, transfer bids). The number of conventions is very limited, and it is missing a lot of things which should be there. There is no way to click on a bid to get an explanation, no online play, and no way to claim or concede remaining tricks. The scoring is rubber bridge only, no matchpoints or IMPs.

Last edited by bdegrande; 02-17-2009 at 06:57 PM.
02-17-2009, 06:35 PM
looks like february is a chillngo month.
02-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I would really like someone to bring out a Bridge app where people could play against each other, along the lines of that chess app.... Please????
02-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I am not a particular strong player but well, if it is CPU is weak then there may not be a lot of motive to buy it. I think the engine should be as least as strong as, say Bridge Baron, to make it enjoyable.

I don't know but there are a lot of chess and poker (free!) multi-player games, I don't see it is as hard to make one (by myself?)
02-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
I am not a particular strong player but well, if it is CPU is weak then there may not be a lot of motive to buy it. I think the engine should be as least as strong as, say Bridge Baron, to make it enjoyable.

I don't know but there are a lot of chess and poker (free!) multi-player games, I don't see it is as hard to make one (by myself?)
I don't think it's as strong as Bridge Baron or GIB, but the lack of features is more of a problem for me than the playing strength.

To me its usefulness is when you are stuck waiting for an hour in a doctor's office.With IMP and matchpoint scoring, and, most importantly, clicking on or hovering over a potential bid (yours or the computer's) for an explanation, it would be a lot better.

I had bought Dungeon & Hero, which gave me a very high opinion of Chillingo's software. This one lowered it considerably.