★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: The Battle of Pirate Bay: HD coming soon!

04-28-2010, 01:04 PM
The Battle of Pirate Bay: HD coming soon!

In anticipation of the announcement of the currently unannounced The Battle of Pirate Bay 2 (which has in no way whatsoever been announced and at this exact moment still hasn't), we decided to bring The Battle of Pirate Bay to the iPad-owning masses.

It's been quite a while since Pirate Bay was created and we've gone through a number of changes here, including adopting Plus+ over our own in-house networking, and so the first change is that The Battle of Pirate Bay HD uses Plus+ for leaderboards, as well as awards and some user badges for those who get the game.

We've also integrated a new story-based tutorial for the first time you play through the game that we hope adds a bit more life to the game, as well as introduces the games mechanics.

Example (click for full res):

So that's The Battle of Pirate Bay HD. Submitted to Apple. Coming soon to the iTunes App Store.

Bryan - President - The Muteki Corporation
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice
Dragon Fantasy
04-30-2010, 11:46 AM
looks good, keep us updated.

05-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Oooh the irony as I was just playing the original on my iPad minutes before discovering this thread!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Am I the only one that thinks of The Pirate Bay and its battle with the UK's anti-piracy law when spotting this thread?
05-04-2010, 12:45 PM
05-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan @ Muteki Corp View Post
In anticipation of the announcement of the currently unannounced The Battle of Pirate Bay 2 (which has in no way whatsoever been announced and at this exact moment still hasn't), we decided to bring The Battle of Pirate Bay to the iPad-owning masses.

It's been quite a while since Pirate Bay was created and we've gone through a number of changes here, including adopting Plus+ over our own in-house networking, and so the first change is that The Battle of Pirate Bay HD uses Plus+ for leaderboards, as well as awards and some user badges for those who get the game.

We've also integrated a new story-based tutorial for the first time you play through the game that we hope adds a bit more life to the game, as well as introduces the games mechanics.

Example (click for full res):

So that's The Battle of Pirate Bay HD. Submitted to Apple. Coming soon to the iTunes App Store.
So the only changes are iPad native graphics, Plus+, and a fun animated tutorial in the HD version? No new power-ups or maps yet?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Let's go ahead and close this thread down and move the discussion to the iPad Games forum (as opposed to upcoming):
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=53902

But that is correct LordGek, this is just an up-port of the existing game, with the new tutorial system added, as well as Plus+ and iPad-native graphics...

But look for more upcoming news in the Battle of Pirate Bay universe coming soon...

Bryan - President - The Muteki Corporation
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice
Dragon Fantasy