★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Carcassonne ipad / iphone universal

04-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Carcassonne ipad / iphone universal

http://carcassonneapp.com/

Quote:
Will there be multiplayer?
Yes. There will be multiplayer. Lots and lots of it.

The most basic multiplayer support is for those that only have one iPhone or iPod with them: Passing the device.

The second kind of multiplayer is local networked play: You and your friends can connect to each other using WiFi or Bluetooth (Don’t worry, you don’t have to setup up anything - it just works.) and play against each other using multiple iPhones or iPods.

Last, but certainly not least, there is Internet play. You can invite friends to play via the Internet, or join a quick game against random strangers on our servers.

Tagged: faq multiplayer

Posted on April 26, 2010

What will it cost?
One of the most pressing questions answered first:

We will start by selling the iPhone/iPod version for the introductory price of $4.99 (3.99 EUR) this May.

We will begin work on the iPad version right after that and make the app universal - i.e. update the game to run natively on the iPad as well. Once the app is universal we will end introductory pricing and sell the game for $9.99.

So if you buy early, you essentially get a discount on the version that runs on iPhone, iPod and iPad. We hope that’s a fair deal.

Last edited by mrbass; 05-20-2010 at 09:56 PM.
04-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I love this game! Will have my eyes on this thread!

04-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Will be awesome on the ipad. I have only played the board game once but was hooked.

Developer: Doodle Army, Cannon Siege, Pocket Kite, Globs, Zombie Road Rage, and Flip the Bird
Check Doodle Army thread for updates on the next Doodle Army game!
New Game: Crash Cart
04-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Pretty cool to be making it universal. I already bought this on XBLA and will buy it again for iPhone/iPad.
04-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Wait, and no Multi-player on the same "iPad" - which is one of its greatest attributes ..that being perfect for boardgames? Unless it's the like the first option you mention, minus that having to "Pass" the unit around.
04-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCat View Post
Wait, and no Multi-player on the same "iPad" - which is one of its greatest attributes ..that being perfect for boardgames? Unless it's the like the first option you mention, minus that having to "Pass" the unit around.
Yea I think they create 2 player option on ipad where you just have tiles for each player on top and bottom of the device respectively facing the player. I'm sure they would do that....then again I've seen some crazy things on iPad which make not much sense.
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Love this game, love that you're making it Universal, love the pricing model. Love, love, love!
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JindoFox View Post
Love this game, love that you're making it Universal, love the pricing model. Love, love, love!
Me too, this just became one of my most anticipated games for the platform! Possibly the most, actually.

Check out Spark It Up, an award-winning music/action game with my music!
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Yea I think they create 2 player option on ipad where you just have tiles for each player on top and bottom of the device respectively facing the player. I'm sure they would do that....then again
I've seen some crazy things on iPad which make not much sense.
I hope so!
Games like Blokus... a fantastic 2-4 player "board" game which Gameloft just released on the iphone made me paranoid. lol
04-28-2010, 10:23 PM
awesome...

zomg... awesome... don't have an iPad, but so glad to read they are dev'ing for iPhone!!!