★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sam Hooke
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: FEATURED IN 85 STORES IN THE SECTIONS "New and Noteworthy", "What's Hot" AND "What We're Playing"!

Domino's Adventure is a platform game with physics! Play as an alien who crashed to earth, on a journey to find his ship and return to space. Use your unique ability to stick to terrain in order to navigate exciting obstacles, and collect stars to unlock new skins!

"A fun physics system, simple controls and a demanding test of your dexterity combine to make Domino's Adventure a pleasure to play" - TouchArcade.com

"Most of you might think that Dominos Adventure is just another Rolando since they have similar graphics and gameplay. Actually it is not, deeper lies a skillfully developed platform experience that is far different from Rolando. This game has an enjoyable physics system, easy controls and a challenging test of your agility." - TheTouchGamer.com

Domino is a small green alien who crashes to Earth with his spaceship after an incredible collision caused by traveling quite fast and failing to avoid an oncoming asteroid.

Fortunately for Domino, he lands safely on Earth, but much to his dismay the spaceship is no where to be found.

Help Domino on his adventure in a fun filled physics wonderland, encountering many dangerous and exciting obstacles on his journey to return to space!

- Collect stars to unlock new character skins!
- Use your special sticking ability to clamber over terrain!
- Avoid being impaled on sharp and painful spikes!
- Have close encounters with spontaneous avalanches!
- Wake up moles from their sleepy slumber!

- You can change the controls from "on screen buttons" to "tilt to roll";
- You can mute the sounds so that you can listen to your own music.

04-29-2010, 01:21 AM
I had Hoped this game would spare me some time. An average game means I'm not driven to write an exuberant review, therefore granting me time to play the best games out there. Unfortunately for my fingers, this is one of the best games out there, and i am compelled to tell you why. First off, I'm a fan of platformers, so my favoritism of the genre may be suspect. The sheer number of great platformers in the app store means a game must be pretty darn good to stand out from the crowd. Domino stands proudly on the shoulders of Rolando, Gomi, and Soosiz, and while Domino is similar to other ball rolling platformers, it's simplicity, speed, and love make it the funnest I've played. The thrill I got from turning a domino into a saw-blade propelled sled was exhilarating, and the smoothness of those actions is a testament of the time and love put into the games design. From a visual/ technical standpoint, the simplicity of an indie game is apparent in the visuals, however, they are charming and outshined by the great physics at work through every aspect of gameplay. There are also stars to collect in each level that open up new character skins, another sign of the love involved. I don't think the game is as long as something like Rolando, but there is surely enough content for a buck or two. I hope the dev puts out a video to satiate the non believers out there, because i truly believe this is a gem in the rough, and one that should be played by anyone/everyone.

Last edited by Darkstar21; 04-29-2010 at 01:25 AM.

04-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Ill think about it when there's a lite/video.
I am a BIG fan of physics/platformer games so this might be a cool game to get
04-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Domino's Adventure is one of the funnest casual games I've played in quite a while. It's physics based puzzles and unique game mechanics kept me on the edge of my seat for hours. I bought this game to kill time while waiting for a bus, and ended up missing my bus while engrossed in the game. It also has a quirky sense of humour and an annoying mole, what more could you ask for? Well worth the $.99. Outstanding.
04-29-2010, 02:47 PM
How many levels are there?

And do the graphics look better in motion?
04-29-2010, 04:22 PM
I'd say the graphics look equal to or better than sooziz and gomi, but less detailed than rolando's. This is the clearest example of "better in motion" graphics. the lighting/color is great, and the animations are the smoothest i've seen in a 2d game on iphone. In the first picture in the description, domino is riding a sled across saw blades, in motion, each time the domino bounces your character's expression changes in a realistic way, and when you land, a puff of dust floats up similar to explosions in Zelda-wind waker. The shapes themselves are very basic, but even this adds to the appeal of this stylized game.
04-29-2010, 04:24 PM
There are 22 levels. Some will need to be played twice, or very carefully, to collect all the stars.
04-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the review Darkstar21, I am really glad that you enjoyed my game! Your review was the first I read after the game got accepted by Apple, as this thread is currently the top Google result for "Domino's Adventure".

I have put together a video so that you can see the game in motion. Here is the link to the video: Click me!

Hopefully this will allow people to reevaluate whether they will buy Domino's Adventure or not.
04-30-2010, 08:49 PM
This game intrigues me...

I'll definitely think about picking this up

04-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the impressions Darkstar, you just managed to get me interested in the game.