★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Days of Thunder AI Needs Fixing

View Poll Results: Is Days of Thunder AI too Aggressive?
Yes, it is WAY too aggressive 18 51.43%
It does need to be tweaked, but it is OK 11 31.43%
I love the game, and I don't think it needs an update 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Days of Thunder AI Needs Fixing

I know there is already a Days of Thunder thread, but I wanted to get an opinion in this one.

Do you think Days of Thunder AI is too aggressive?

I love the game, but I can't stand that EVERY car wants to smash you 8 to 10 times. Then when you finally pass them, they speed up and start smashing you again. I hope the dev is still on this forum because I looked over the reviews, and I most people (even those who like the game) complain that the AI is too aggressive. I deleted this game after a few days, and it is my first 1 star review. Maybe I am the only one, but I have to know if anyone else if frustrated by this game.

There....I vented
02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
AFter the fist couple of circuits it does get harder, and can be pretty frustrating. BUt it was well worth the 99 cents

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

02-17-2009, 03:18 PM
A agree that the game is great, and that it's too aggressive. I'm hoping that they pull this back a bit in upcoming updates. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just your rival car that did it to you, but EVERY CAR?! That's a bit much.

Still I like the game a lot.

Bob

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
02-17-2009, 03:44 PM
We not only here, but we are listening.

An update to Days is in the works. I cannot guarantee that we will make the changes you want. But we are listening and want to make the game better.

We appreciate all feedback. Don't you feel 1 star is a bit harsh?

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.
02-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
We not only here, but we are listening.

An update to Days is in the works. I cannot guarantee that we will make the changes you want. But we are listening and want to make the game better.

We appreciate all feedback. Don't you feel 1 star is a bit harsh?
1 Star is probably a bit harsh.... If the update tones down the aggressiveness to certain cars, I will up it to 5. For now, I will up it to 3. I really put one star because I expected a 5 star app.

I just think the controls are awesome, and it would be a lot of fun if you could maneuver around some opponents and fight with others (mainly your rival and a couple other cars). That way you would feel more like it is an actual race rather than a deathmatch.

I do apologize for the harshness. As I said, I was venting. I played the game for a while and felt like trowing it out the window....but I used words instead.

Thank you for keeping active in the forums!
02-17-2009, 04:46 PM
i like the game quite a bit and think it only needs a bit of polish.

I have completed all circuits in first, i'm trying to unlock 3 cars yet. I was amazed at how fast cars come at you but you get get used to it.

I do wish you could alter the laps a bit, i like the defaults, but would be fun to have the ability to select a few different intervals for the # of laps for races, or a different race mode that would allow you to do that. When i got to the endurance circuit i was expecting a much longer race, not just more races. I thought I might have to keep my eye on the number of pits, etc. that said the game play is definately fun.

Perhaps it needs an arcade mode vs season mode or something, leave the game aggressive like it is for arcade mode, and have a season mode where it is a bit less agressive and earn points throughout the season or something, focus more on smooth driving/avoiding the pits and really working the draft.

multiplayer would be great.

don't get me long it is a great game and waste too many hours playing, just a few thoughts.

only problem i have is after i get a call, and resume my race, the app quits. otherwise it's been solid.
02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the input...it seems that I am not the only one who thinks an update is much needed! I will keep my eyes open.
02-17-2009, 06:09 PM
No offense to the dev, but after the easy circuit the game was deleted as well. I realize you guys were going for a different take on racing and wanted to stay true to the movie, but I found the AI to detract from the gameplay. Even when I wouldn't touch them, they race like animals. The auto steering also takes away from the feel that you're actually racing. Simply an option to turn it off would be nice.
Otherwise, this game is very good for the price.

Soul Theory Crew
02-17-2009, 06:49 PM
i thinks days of thunder are great. it's maybe the first game that i don't mind if it's too hard (it is...). i would like to see an option of choosing difficulty level though.

Last edited by pante; 02-17-2009 at 07:10 PM.
02-17-2009, 07:09 PM
They should make some cars don't ram you and the rest do. Cause with out the AI ramming you, the game is boring.