★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chronicles of Inotia, or Dungeon and Hero?

02-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Chronicles of Inotia, or Dungeon and Hero?

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I really want to play both of these games, but can only afford to get one for now, so which one should I get now? Chronicles, or DaH?
If you could, would you also state why you think these games are good or bad? If not then thats ok.
02-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Personally I like the graphics and interface better in Chronicles of Inotia but on the flipside Dungeon and Hero seems to offer longer gameplay. I wouldn’t be so critical of the older graphics in DaH if the onscreen arrows for movement weren’t many times in the way. On another note, for a better RPG experience in the dungeon crawler fashion, The Quest by Redshift is supposedly coming soon.

02-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow, never heard of The Quest before, but I just watched a video on youtube. It looks excellent, but I want to play one of these two to whet my appetite until then.
02-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Chronicles of Inotia: Basically a Korean MMORPG made into single player. It's well done, the touch interface works well on the iDevice, but it's quite monotonous; i.e. plenty of grinding and collecting in order to progress. Now, some people (like me, call me crazy) love this, but I highly recommend you read a few reviews on both this and Dungeon and hero before making your choice. I finished this game in under 20 hours or so.

D&H on the other hand plays more like a zelda meets diablo type of game, it's a little easier and there isn't any heavy grinding compared to the above game. There is more equipment variety in D&H and drop variety and the NPCs / quest system is a little deeper. Also, there are 3 classes as opposed to CoI (only one class).

It's a tough choice. Both are good RPGs, two of the best currently available. I'd think that D&H is the more accessible one while heavy grinding of CoI is most likely a turn off for most.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
02-17-2009, 05:22 PM
ok thanks for your opinions, anyone else? And a kind of unrelated question, when does The Quest come out?
02-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Dungeons and Heroes. Like Jorlen said, Chronicles of Inotia is mainly fighting monsters and collecting items. Also it doesn't have a story to offer. On another note Chronicles has more special moves, but still doesn't be DaH. Control scheme works better in Inotia though.

I have both of these and personally I enjoy playing Inotia with a friend to play against competitively( No, not head to head), We basically both play single player on our own iPhones and see who gets better levels, better items, get further in the game, etc. The graphics in Inotia are better then in DaH IMO.

For single player, I highly recommend DaH, more gameplay, less repetitive, storyline, cool main character, and better combat in general.

For me, DaH is better.

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
02-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Can't tell you about those two cause I haven't played them, but The Quest will be out (hopefully) in the next week or two.
02-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Hopefully The Quest comes out soon, I bought Dungeon and Hero to whet my appetite until then.
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
I prefer D&H since it offers a number of quest and the virtual d-pad control, which is a plus for touch screen based device. I haven't tried Inotia yet but I know that D&H should be more enjoyable than Inotia.

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89