★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Goorusoft
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 23.9 MB
  • Version: 1.65
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** Our new game MetalWars3 is now available! ***

MetalWars2:revolution is a "machine Third person shooting" game.

---------------------------------------------
United Country "ATLUS" is developed and highly mechanized civilization but it is unstable in political because of a long-standing civil war.
Due to the violent civil war, ATLUS was split and other military forces started to occur here and there.
You're a former ACE Pilot in the government force of ATLUS and a current leader of mercenary "TITANS".
Destroy other mercenaries and take their high technology to arm more powerfully.
Making "TITANS" the best mercenary and controlling ATLUS lies in your hand.

FEATURES:
Full retina display support for incredible HD(iPhone 4, iPod touch 4th gen.)
Providing Bluetooth Connectivity(1:1 ONLY)
Over 2nd Generation iPod touches and iPhones (Not 1st generation)
In-App Purchase
Full 3D Graphic
Make your own machine and support bots with over 18 different parts
Over 14 different weapons and extra parts
Developed the physical engine
Over 30 different stages
Subdivided level and automatic shooting system

HOW TO PLAY:
Control using the left side of joy pad to move the machine.
Control the machine's eyes by dragging the screen.
Right side of the joy pad is used to shoot weapons.
If you're within gunshot range, sight changes to a red color.
Check the auto shooting if you want to shoot automatically to enemies.
Push the "CMD" button on the left to open the menu to command support bots.
Depending on the situation, you can control to your support bots with individual buttons.

More games from Goorusoft
BoxMan Rising
WarShip
MetalWars

:
ATLUS. ATLUS
ATLUS TITANS
TITANSATLUS

:
3D

CMD.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/app/metalwars2-lite/id370925161?mt=8
04-29-2010, 02:11 PM
orly

04-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Looks pretty neat.
04-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Ok...it's really late here, but I am going to get it and will give some first impressions before I go to sleep.

My first TOFTT!

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
04-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Looking forward to impressions, as this looks like it has promise!
04-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Ok, so here are my impressions after playing it for about 30 minutes.

Basically, it's just like MetalWars 1, except with a 3rd person behind POV instead of an overhead view. That's pretty much it, and I'm actually disappointed because for some reason I thought it had some kind of story mode.

Alright, I guess I should back up for those who haven't played MetalWars 1. Basically, this is an arena mech shooter, where you equip your mech before each level, then go into an arena with a wingman and take on other mechs. It's a cool concept, but unfortunately it does wear kind of thin before too long.

I'm not sure but there seems to be a higher degree of customization with this one than the first, and the graphics are better (with the option to use 3 levels of graphics to improve performance on your device if needed--I was having some stutter even after restarting my device on my iPod 2G, so I turned the graphics to low but didn't notice a huge difference.)

The controls are done pretty well. You move via a virtual stick on the bottom left and aim with a swipe of the finger, while firing with a press of the button. It works nicely, although sometimes if you try to turn quickly you have to sacrifice firing for the ability to turn, but the game does also have an auto-firing option.

You can also give your wingman commands, such as "follow" "attack" and "hold" which will influence his movement.

Graphics are, on the highest level, pretty good, although I wouldn't call them mind-blowing or anything. Environments so far seem samey and bland. Hopefully there is some more variety in later levels.

I thought there was going to be a plot unfolding in-game, but instead there are just the same arena battles with the same comments from your partner "Leland" and soldiers you're fighting (who love to yell "Shit!" just before they explode.) That and the app store description seem to be the only plot in the game 4 levels in.

I'll have to post some more about it when I've had more time to play it, but I've gotta go to bed now (almost 5:30 AM here). I guess I'd say for now if you don't have the first MetalWars and like mechs, arena battles or 3D shooters, it's probably worth the $2. But there's nothing too special here based on my first look.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

Last edited by medianotzu; 04-29-2010 at 03:29 PM.
04-29-2010, 07:27 PM
so, my only question is, is this game better than iMech? Cuz if it is, it's totally worth it for me to buy. I liked iMech, but the multiplayer wasn't really done that well and there was no customization or single player, so it got boring very fast. This one question being answered will push me off the fence one way or another.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
04-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Was hoping for better impressions, but unless someone says it gets a lot more interesting after level 4 I will pass on this one...
05-08-2010, 04:09 PM