★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games you swear the most at

04-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Games you swear the most at

Tilt to Live - When you think you can make a gap but... you can't.

Last edited by swampthing; 04-29-2010 at 09:07 PM.
04-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Galcon, whenever there's a dick in the game room who suicides against you

04-29-2010, 08:39 PM
i dunno why, but Ramp Chanp (the challanges) and Alive-4-Ever (its hard)
but I love both of them very much

Currently Playing: Hybrid (The first one), Block Fortress
Waiting For: MC5
Hoping For: RCT!!!!!
04-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Fruit Ninja, when there's a crapload of fruit and a single bomb all bunched up together.
04-29-2010, 09:18 PM
doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikemike View Post
Fruit Ninja, when there's a crapload of fruit and a single bomb all bunched up together.
The same game you swear at the most outdoors, Golf. Played some game called mini golf. Hole 13 has a beaver on it and it made me mad. Lol It says par two and I got approx 80 on that one. (not overexagerating) No mini golf hole should take that many!!!!! $&&@"&& you beaver!!!!!

Now Playing: OG, Wolfboy, Pix n Love Rush, Minigore, 45th Street, Qwak

OpenFeint: Dennis 01824; Plus+: RedsoxPatriots
Waiting for: Plunderland, A Skeleton Story, Wackylands Boss, Max Adventure
04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
The last level of Blimp. A rather tough 'kill everything' level followed immediately by a 'OMG Self Destruct in :30 RUN AWAY!!!' level. The problem is that you have to run away through tiny, tiny corridors with tons of 90 degree turns and environmental hazards at the absolute maximum speed to make it out with even a second to spare. Oh, and in this game if you run into a wall at anything near full speed it'll take off around 40% of your HP. And you're already beat up from the 'kill everything' level you just finished and there's no more HP recovery items lying around. The closest I ever came was getting to the finish line with :01 remaining and killing myself by landing on the landing platform too fast (Because I had ONE SECOND LEFT!!). Haven't touched it since.

It's been sitting on my 'Games I'm playing' page since last year and has really made me think about designing overly difficult last levels in games. Specifically, whether making the final boss of Gomi not have a checkpoint between the 2nd and 3rd rounds was a good idea or not. It's the whole idea that when you develop a game you get really good at it without realizing it. I can take out Gomi's final boss in one attempt with something like a 85% chance of not dying, but that's probably not be the case for everyone else. Same thing with the final boss in Hard Mode; I can do it in about an hour or so, but according to the leaderboards no one's ever been able to finish it at all.

Last edited by spacecowgoesmoo; 04-29-2010 at 10:15 PM.
04-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Hand of Greed, anybody try that one?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Jet Car Stunts
04-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Hook Champ. F&$@ing ledges... And that toothy bastard.
04-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Modern Warfare 2. I never knew how the enemy soldier could absorb 5 bullets, not get hurt, and kill me while (seemingly) looking the other way. With the very easy guns, you know when you killed someone, and you can hear it. But stupid infamous CoD lag makes sure you get as little from that 60$ as you can.

Rant aside, for iPhone, whenever I get frustrated, I usually make incomprehensible stutters and grunts, followed by asking "doodle" in DoodleJump why he could possibly be so stupid to miss that platform. Never have gotten an answer out of the little guy.

This is a forum dedicated to figure out what is the best way you can give Steve Jobs your money.