★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: A3MG
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: Warp back to the '80s with this retro-style arcade game! Includes 35 challenging levels and awesome tunes while you play.

How to play:

You'll see a 3-second preview for each level. Remember the location of the spiral! Use the bumpers to bounce your orb to the spiral.

Touch and drag the orb in the opposite direction you want it to go (like a sling shot). The farther you pull back, the faster the orb will go. Release to send orb in the direction of the arrow.

The spiral sends you to the next level. You start with 9 orbs. If you dont make it to the spiral, you lose an orb. Bonus orb at every 5 levels.

A3MG's comments:
It's an exciting day for A3MG. Our first game for the iTunes App Store has been approved by Apple! It's called Space Bump and we think it's a lot of fun.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-bump/id367211431?mt=8

DESCRIPTION

Aim your Orb and bump your way through space in this challenging 35-level arcade-style game featuring a variety of exciting bumpers. Use the bumpers to guide your Orb to the spiral, warping you to the next level. Will your mastery of the spinning, blinking, and moving bumpers in the increasingly complex levels help you conquer the galaxy?

INSTRUCTIONS

You'll see a 3-second preview before each orb. After level 5, there's just 1 preview per level. Remember the location of the spiral.

Touch and drag the orb in the opposite direction you want it to go (like a sling shot). The farther you pull back, the faster the orb will move. Release to send orb in the direction of the arrow.

There are a variety of bumpers. Use the bumpers to guide the orb to the spiral.

The spiral sends you to the next level. You start with 9 orbs. If you don’t make it to the spiral, you lose an orb. New orb every 5 levels.
04-29-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
05-03-2010, 01:30 AM
I originally posted this in the code thread, but I think it's more appropriate for it to be here.

I just spent a few minutes playing this game, and figured you would be better served if I placed my comments here, rather than on the app store. You might be a bit disappointed by what I have to say, but I have nothing but the best intentions--I want you to have a good, successful game.

Okay, I like physics games on the Touch. Aiming and bouncing and knocking things down... all that fun stuff. But as it stands, this game simply doesn't work, for two big reasons.

First: The first reason is that the load times are out of hand. I know reducing those is a heck of a lot easier said than done, but you need to find a way to get the load times down, because they're simply excessive.

Second: What you use to create a challenge, the fact that you can't see the entire game screen, except in the brief intro, makes the game uninteresting looking, and worse, makes it unforgivably frustrating, to the point of being boring. Imagine it this way: Have you ever played pool/billiards, or miniature golf? Now imagine having blinders on, so all you can see is the cue ball, or the golf ball. You get two seconds to look at the condition of the table/course, and that's it. Okay, now go look at the ball, and take your shot.

It makes the gameplay repetitive as hell, because you're shooting in the dark, and so you're playing the same level over and over and over again, shooting into the void until you get lucky. And it's VISUALLY unappealing, because you can't see the environment you're in. Does that make sense?

I know it's easy for me to say this, and a whole lot harder to hear it, but the game, as it stands, will get slaughtered. :-/
05-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to A3MG
Tweaker,

Showing a portion of the game screen after the preview was the whole point of this game. We realize it takes some time and practice to get a feel for it. Our other reviewers have found it to be an interesting take on pool/mini-golf/pinball. I hope it doesn't get "slaughtered" as you put it.

Thanks for taking the time to play our game and share your thoughts. I'm sorry you don't like our game.
05-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3MG View Post
Tweaker,

Showing a portion of the game screen after the preview was the whole point of this game. We realize it takes some time and practice to get a feel for it. Our other reviewers have found it to be an interesting take on pool/mini-golf/pinball. I hope it doesn't get "slaughtered" as you put it.

Thanks for taking the time to play our game and share your thoughts. I'm sorry you don't like our game.
I really do hope that it turns out that I was overly harsh, and that your game does well. I honestly wish you the best of luck with this game, and everything you do in the future.