★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

G.O.M.P. --> [Get Off My Planet] <-- Sci-fi FPS

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite G.O.M.P. icon style (see below)
"A" 49 55.06%
"B" 23 25.84%
"C" 6 6.74%
"D" 6 6.74%
"E" 1 1.12%
"F" 2 2.25%
"G" 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll
04-30-2010, 12:11 PM
G.O.M.P. --> [Get Off My Planet] <-- Sci-fi FPS

Vote for your favorite game icon concept above!

Teaser Screenshots!

From the team that brought you Wings Galaxy & Doodle Bomb comes a new blend of sci-fi and humor sure to earn a place on your Springboard.

G.O.M.P. ["Get off my Planet"] is a casual sci-fi FPS coming soon for the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad [universal binary]. No 30 minute training sessions, no convoluted controls, no complex objectives… just pure 3D gun ripen' & ass kickin' fun.

Man your turret and put down the alien army with a variety of heavy artillery designed for maximum pain. Multiple enemy types include grunt soldiers, jet-pack troopers, alien mother ships, giant chaingun wielding bosses & more!

I'll answer any questions you may have on this thread .

Screenshots are coming soon! Planned submit date: Late May 2010.

Cheers,
Matt

Thruster Apps
A division of Bottle Rocket.

Twitter: @ThrusterApps

Last edited by matt.johnson.mobile; 05-04-2010 at 08:30 PM.
04-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Sounds good. When can we expect some screenshots(I know soon, but how long is this soon? ) or better, a gameplay video?

04-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Sounds good. When can we expect some screenshots(I know soon, but how long is this soon? ) or better, a gameplay video?
Ill post some early next week. Vid will be a bit later once all the physics are finalized .

Thruster Apps

04-30-2010, 12:42 PM
This sounds awesome...cant wait for screenshots

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
04-30-2010, 01:04 PM
From the developer of doodle bomb? SOLD!

Well I'd like to see screens first but it sounds great!
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks RaptorF35 and iphoneprogrammer...

Once we get our HUD polished up Ill post some Alpha pics. Ill be putting a poll and samples up shortly to get everyone's opinion on the icon for the game.

MJ

Thruster Apps

04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Sounds fun, you made me want this, even though I don't really like FPS games. I hope this will be out soon.
04-30-2010, 01:21 PM
You just made me very curious, bring those screenshots
04-30-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the robot on the left was stolen directly from the Holotoy app that's on the appstore. Unless the game was made by the same people, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. It's a great design, but I think that would be considered stealing.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
04-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
I'm pretty sure the robot on the left was stolen directly from the Holotoy app that's on the appstore. Unless the game was made by the same people, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. It's a great design, but I think that would be considered stealing.
We live in a development ecosystem where 3rd parties develop art that can be licensed for use in multiple apps by different developers. The style of this art fits our concept so we licensed it from the artist who originally created it for use in our project. We are also creating many more art assets that match this style. Our goal in this game is to create a great physics driven "shoot-em-up" focusing on the tech and the branding... the select licensed art made sense for us in this scenario.

Please be careful to get the details before you accuse someone of stealing.

MJ

Thruster Apps