★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Pinch 'n Pop! Update (Online High Scores)

02-17-2009, 11:45 PM
New Pinch 'n Pop! Update (Online High Scores)

I'm happy to announce that Pinch 'n Pop! version 1.3 is now on the App Store. This update adds oft-requested global/online high score rankings, so please send in those scores!

AppShopper Link
App Store Link

Here's a gameplay vid & screenshot for the uninitiated:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Cheers!

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me Twitter YouTube
02-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Girlfriend adores this game.

I like it, but the constant pinching motion gets tiring around the time the green guys come into play.

Solid game all-in-all. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the update Frank, I have the app and will check out the update for surzzle... Ever think of maybe making monkey heads you could pop together? Or Porky Pines? Or Dinosaurs? Or... never mind.
02-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConniptionMike View Post
Ever think of maybe making monkey heads you could pop together? Or Porky Pines? Or Dinosaurs? Or... never mind.
Thought about doing lots of stuff actually, but I just can't afford it with the current sales numbers - this update was pro bono

I still feel that Pinch 'n Pop! is misunderstood and under-appreciated, but what's a dev to do So, I'm turning all my attention to my next project - a decidedly less experimental arcade game with no pinching whatsoever.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
02-18-2009, 07:25 PM
It's a real shame this game hasn't gotten the recognition it deserves...

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied with the sales overall but it doesn't make much business sense to keep pouring resources into an app that's no longer self-sustaining.

That doesn't mean this is the last update - I have a growing library of shared code modules that are receiving some major upgrades as I work on my next game, and I've already fixed a potential memory trashing bug in one of those modules so I'll be sending another Pinch 'n Pop! patch into Apple this weekend. Another patch should follow in a couple weeks that replaces the brute-force audio code with a new audio engine I recently completed. In short; I'm still supporting the app, and patches will be released as needed, but some of the bigger things I had planned have been put on hold for now.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!