★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Survive the horde of zombies with a variety of weapons, see how long you can last!

Features:
-Zombies!
-6 different weapons
-6 stages
-Survival mode
-Highscores and ranks

Zombie Survivor aims to provide you with a sense of entertainment and fun as you blow up a variety of unlucky zombies.

Natron's comments:

Bought the game "Zombie Survival" by Rens Creations tonight after it's release on the app store. This game is so flawed and bugged it's mind boggling! Tried on 3GS and 3rd Generation iPod Touch. Both with same results after deletion and redownload.

If you want to spend a buck to find out just what a crock of you know what Apple App Store's "review process" is, this is the perfect example. Very very sad.
05-01-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natron View Post
Bought the game "Zombie Survival" by Rens Creations tonight after it's release on the app store. This game is so flawed and bugged it's mind boggling! Tried on 3GS and 3rd Generation iPod Touch. Both with same results after deletion and redownload.

If you want to spend a buck to find out just what a crock of you know what Apple App Store's "review process" is, this is the perfect example. Very very sad.

They don't review the quality, that is up to the dev.
They only check if the app obeys their rules.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

05-01-2010, 06:09 AM
Yeah there's countless of crap out there on the app store, best to find some reviews or rely on footage first
05-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
They don't review the quality, that is up to the dev.
They only check if the app obeys their rules.
Really? Because this developer says he doesn't know of any of the issues i listed in an email to him and cites that it passed their submission approval process in his claim. There is NO way he could NOT have been aware of the issues. If that's the case what rules are in place?

And yeah I know better to not impulse buy on the app store but buying about 20 apps a week, sometimes I can't help myself. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!!
05-01-2010, 06:22 AM
What problems does the game have? What flaws?

Edit: nevermind...just searched for the app and it looks absolutely horrible...don't even care to know about it. Nice icon though

Last edited by jeffyg3; 05-01-2010 at 07:05 AM.
05-01-2010, 06:49 AM
You really should have looked for other reviews or opinions on this one. Even the screenshots of the game in the appstore look terrible. Cant imagine that many people will be buying this app, given how crappy it looks.
05-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm sure every single one of us has bought something we regretted, or just plain old crap before; so, don't feel too bad. Thanks for TOFTT & posting about your purchase. In times like these, I try to remind myself of all the free or discounted goodness that has come my way, and I usually realize that I'm way ahead.
05-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieseliPhone View Post
I'm sure every single one of us has bought something we regretted, or just plain old crap before; so, don't feel too bad. Thanks for TOFTT & posting about your purchase. In times like these, I try to remind myself of all the free or discounted goodness that has come my way, and I usually realize that I'm way ahead.
Couldn't agree more and it was just a buck, and yeah it'd be pretty crappy even if it did work...it'll be free in a few weeks I'm sure anyways lol.

If anyone cares to know the bugs
1. Menu buttons in title screen and options menu are at times unresponsive.
2. Upgrade system does not work or save
3. Ranking system does not work or save
4. Certain text, such as PAUSE on the pause screen do not disappear (hence, pause the game, unpause it, and you've still got PAUSE in the middle of screen. Not good at explaining these things, hope that made sense) Same for text of level intros at times.
5. App force closed about 3-4 times in the 20 minutes I gave it on both devices.

Much more but I'm spent haha.
05-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh again I know...wait for reviews, but many of the games I enjoy haven't been reviewed by a website yet, some don't even show up in these forums. I accept it's the risk I take, and sometimes it's worth it, othertimes it's throwing your phone thru drywall. All part of the fun that is the app store experience.

If I don't like a game I'll keep my mouth shut more often than not, but if it just flat is defective i'm gonna speak up. So that's all this is for is to let anyone who searches for info on it to know it's not worthy.
05-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natron View Post
Really? Because this developer says he doesn't know of any of the issues i listed in an email to him and cites that it passed their submission approval process in his claim. There is NO way he could NOT have been aware of the issues. If that's the case what rules are in place?

And yeah I know better to not impulse buy on the app store but buying about 20 apps a week, sometimes I can't help myself. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!!

If the dev isn't caring at all, well - don't forget you have a weapon.
With your purchase you have the right to get an playable app, so - if this is not the case, refund it from Apple.

Go to iTunes / store / my account / purchase history.
Look for the game and click the "Report a problem"-button.
Click on "report a problem" behind the game now.
Tell Apple about the problems and that it is unplayable, that the dev won't help and ask friendly for a refund.

If Apple refunds, the dev gets a negative sale and you get your money back.
It means for the dev that he has not only one purchase less on his account, he also has to pay the 30 % fee that Apple demands from devs from the initial sale (as you bought the game). So, first he earned 70% of the apps price, then lost 100%.

If enough people are doing this, the dev will learn that messing with his customers can get very ugly.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-01-2010 at 12:32 PM.