★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iShapes - $19.99

02-18-2009, 01:24 AM
iShapes - $19.99

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302961460&mt=8

I think the real reason it's 20 bucks is that it unlocks Honor points in iMafia. Kind of like exchanging money for Warcraft gold.

Can a mod add "get Honor points for your iMafia" in the thread title please?

Last edited by GatorDeb; 02-18-2009 at 01:34 AM.
02-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Now that's just some straight dirty cheating!

Gamecenter:1337brian

02-18-2009, 01:36 AM
iMob did something like this originally, only they were more blunt.

It's lame, but I think these type of games are lame anyways, so it bothers me none.

Seems Apple doesn't approve of this sort of thing?

They had to hide it in a dummy game to sneak it past Apple if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Imafia developers playmesh said this from the start. They will release games and apps that are tied to honor points in Imafia.

Now instead of paying $20 and just getting points like in imob or all other mafia games you also get an app/game for it.

I dont see any problem with this and its better value for the points

And apple approves of it because imob had "apps" with points that they sold for $1-20. Why wouldnt they approve? They make lots of money of it...
02-18-2009, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn12345 View Post
Imafia developers playmesh said this from the start. They will release games and apps that are tied to honor points in Imafia.

Now instead of paying $20 and just getting points like in imob or all other mafia games you also get an app/game for it.

I dont see any problem with this and its better value for the points
Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn12345 View Post
And apple approves of it because imob had "apps" with points that they sold for $1-20. Why wouldnt they approve? They make lots of money of it...
Was trying to make sense of the reasoning to bundle a game with it. Perhaps there were some shady practices going on with the points or something. I don't know as I don't follow these games.

I understand it now though, thanks. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Thanks for clarifying.

Was trying to make sense of the reasoning to bundle a game with it. Perhaps there were some shady practices going on with the points or something. I don't know as I don't follow these games.

I understand it now though, thanks. ^ ^
Yeah I would think the same if I didnt know about games like this
I have played many games like it. They release the games for free and fully functional but if you want to get some extra push and be better than others then you have to pay
02-18-2009, 03:29 AM
it 24.99$...
02-18-2009, 03:45 AM
Does anybody know how many Honor Points are unklocked?
It doesn't say in the App of iShapes, and I don't have a WiFi here to check in my iPod Touch...
02-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypton View Post
Does anybody know how many Honor Points are unklocked?
It doesn't say in the App of iShapes, and I don't have a WiFi here to check in my iPod Touch...
Nope it doesnt.
I think it will say in Imafia but they havent put the update out on their servers that link to the apps. Will probably come up today
02-18-2009, 06:30 AM
So what do the people who want even more honor points do? Purchase multiple copies of games to get more honor points in iMafia?

My biggest problem with this system is that people who spend the most (real) money will be considered the "top players" since they will have an advantage over people who can't or don't want to play in this manner.

Would have been better if the "benefits" were more cosmetic oriented instead of actually affecting game mechanics.

I guess it just comes with the territory for these types of games. From what I hear, Mob Wars (in Facebook) is raking in the dough, so the iPhone clones will probably make some decent money too.