★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Aerox (3D Platformer) by Synoptical Studios has been submitted

05-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Aerox (3D Platformer) by Synoptical Studios has been submitted

Hey,

I'm from Synoptical Studios and I'd like to introduce you guys to our upcoming iPhone game called 'Aerox'...

Aerox is an innovative ball-rolling adventure for the iPhone, packed with plenty of platforming action and physics-based puzzles! Dynamic and varied gameplay mechanics are complemented by stunning visuals for a blissfully engaging mobile experience.

The game is currently in the late stages of development and is expected to be in the App Store by June 2010.

Gameplay trailer now available!

Youtube link | Pop Up

You can find additional screenshots/info and stay up-to-date with the status of the game on our website. You can also follow our twitter account where more live updates and additional info will be posted.

Thanks for reading this and I hope to be back with more news as the game gets closer to release. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have in the meantime though!

Last edited by Synoptical; 06-10-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: (Added gameplay trailer)
05-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Looks great! I am looking forward to the gameplay video.

05-01-2010, 06:44 AM
This looks really incredible! Is there an option for touch controls or is it solely tilt?

I am now following you on Twitter @Touchgamer3g.
05-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the kind words!

Currently the game is controlled solely using the tilt sensor, but touch controls could possibly be added as an option actually. The tilt controls do work quite nicely though and I think that most people would likely opt for tilt rather than touch-based controls. It is worth thinking about though, especially if tilting the device is less preferable on the larger/heavier iPad... iPads aren't available here in the UK yet though, so we're still to find out about that!
05-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome to TA Synoptical!
wht I see is interesting.... lets get ze ball rollin
*Vid plz... hint cough hint*

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
05-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synoptical View Post
Thanks for the kind words!

Currently the game is controlled solely using the tilt sensor, but touch controls could possibly be added as an option actually. The tilt controls do work quite nicely though and I think that most people would likely opt for tilt rather than touch-based controls. It is worth thinking about though, especially if tilting the device is less preferable on the larger/heavier iPad... iPads aren't available here in the UK yet though, so we're still to find out about that!
That's good to know that you are considering touch controls to be added! Is there a calibration feature for tilt control?
05-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Yep, tilt recalibration is already in so you're free to play while lying in bed, upside-down, or however you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
lets get ze ball rollin
Heh... pure cheese
05-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Looks great. Release date?
05-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Should be released either this month or next month, if all goes to plan!

Main site has been updated with a few more details too btw...

Last edited by Synoptical; 05-03-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added link
05-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Awesome graphics.