★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Block Knights

02-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Block Knights

Has anyone else got it yet? it's pretty fun but I haven't quite mastered that learning curve. I got it while grabbing a bite to eat and am only now getting a chance to play

The basic quest mode is pretty simple. Pieces appear in the red square and you tilt the device to move them anywhere you like. Once stationary they stick in place.

There are little creatures with eyes called mobs and your job is to eliminate them but using them in a full line.

I haven't tried the other modes but I wanted to get a thread going for first impressions or questions.

at 5 bucks I don't think many people will just jump into it without having a few questions answered anyways

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305493996&mt=8
02-18-2009, 04:57 AM
This game looks awesome. Definitely the price is a little steep and with the upcoming slew of games coming out this week its gonna be hard to spare some cash to check this out. Some gameplay footage may be enough to get me to buy this.

02-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznChaos View Post
This game looks awesome. Definitely the price is a little steep and with the upcoming slew of games coming out this week its gonna be hard to spare some cash to check this out. Some gameplay footage may be enough to get me to buy this.
Erm, what slew of games are you referring to? The only one I can think of is iDracula, LightRiders?
02-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITrocks View Post
Erm, what slew of games are you referring to? The only one I can think of is iDracula, LightRiders?
Zenbound and Sway are also expected this week.
02-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I had wanted to try this, because it appears to be a souped up variant of a PC game I really like called Battle Of Tiles. However, the price was my no-go factor. Hopefully they have a lite version in the works.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Does anyone else think the artwork in the background of the black characters looks a little like Patapon?

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Does anyone else think the artwork in the background of the black characters looks a little like Patapon?
That's exactly what I thought.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
02-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey guys,

Yeah, we have a lite version on the way, it will probably be out in a month or so. Thanks for checking out the game.

Jon

BitCaper
02-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
That's what I thought myself. ^ ^

Looks like an interesting game, I've added it to my ever growing "To Buy Eventually" list.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
That's what I thought myself. ^ ^

Looks like an interesting game, I've added it to my ever growing "To Buy Eventually" list.
I think my "buy eventually" list is over 200 games now. I think I need a raise at work

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre